GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finding links!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 19:29
Regular
At present I am playing Championship Manager 00/01, and funnily enough deceided to pick the Welsh, Japanese and American leauges for a change so I could try and take advantage of every feature in the game.

I went Barry Town and I am doing quite well, mind you thats not got much to do with this post.

Have you ever noticed how two games which are nothing a like can have the same feeling in you win you play them?

Well I have made a sort of link between between games. In CM there is nothing more pleasing when you find a great talent in your youth squad. You monitor his performance's in the reserve squad, then you give him his big break in the first team, comes on as a sub and scores the winner. You then give him his first team place then he may move on and you get a big wad of cash or you keep him there till the end of his playing days. Well that feeling of building up a player and he is the best I feel can also be related to Pokemon :D.

You think I'm crazy? Maybe. Well I don't particularly like Pokemon at all but I have played it and I feel the best feature of the game is catching a wild Pokemon and building him up to be the best fighter - just like the player in CM.

There are many more of these but that is the first game relation I have found. How about solving a puzzle in a game and eventually killing the boss of a level. The same excitement of finally succeding in your many attempts.

Games and feelings... strange just like finding a link between Championship Manager and Pokemon :).
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:28
Hmm.. that face looks suspiciously like MJs... ARRGGHH!!! There it is again! hang on, I've said this before...
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:23
Regular
I agree DJ........

(;o|
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:03
That's a really bad joke.
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:37
Regular
the weakest link?
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:32
Regular
I am not going to sleep tonight....not after readiing that anyway.

(;o|
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:25
That's an interesting link.
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:45
Regular
""
I know what you mean. I was playing Pokemon silver only this morning and remembered that when I was playing it a couple of months ago. Training up the Pokemon is fun but trying to catch the ones you need is just so frustrating!
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
At present I am playing Championship Manager 00/01, and funnily enough deceided to pick the Welsh, Japanese and American leauges for a change so I could try and take advantage of every feature in the game.

I went Barry Town and I am doing quite well, mind you thats not got much to do with this post.

Have you ever noticed how two games which are nothing a like can have the same feeling in you win you play them?

Well I have made a sort of link between between games. In CM there is nothing more pleasing when you find a great talent in your youth squad. You monitor his performance's in the reserve squad, then you give him his big break in the first team, comes on as a sub and scores the winner. You then give him his first team place then he may move on and you get a big wad of cash or you keep him there till the end of his playing days. Well that feeling of building up a player and he is the best I feel can also be related to Pokemon :D.

You think I'm crazy? Maybe. Well I don't particularly like Pokemon at all but I have played it and I feel the best feature of the game is catching a wild Pokemon and building him up to be the best fighter - just like the player in CM.

There are many more of these but that is the first game relation I have found. How about solving a puzzle in a game and eventually killing the boss of a level. The same excitement of finally succeding in your many attempts.

Games and feelings... strange just like finding a link between Championship Manager and Pokemon :).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.