GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scottish Football."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 16:49
Regular
Surely Scottish football cannot be as bad as everyone makes out. I was sitting in Dens park watching the Dundee v Hibs game on Saturday and it was one of the best games I have seen in a few years. End to end, plenty of chances and many moments of individual skill to leave defences baffled. This came after an unvelievable week when Celtic trounced Man U at old trafford despite the debuts of Ruud van Nistelroy and Juan Veron. We can also boast winning the last National game at the old Hampden, once Rangers and Celtic get passed the qualifying stages of the Chamions league, surely we should see what Scottish clubs could be capable of.
Thu 09/08/01 at 00:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Celtic gutted Ajax tonight...

Good on them :)
Wed 08/08/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have just finished a joke to myself... There is no Old Firm supporters on this site that I know of :)

Well as you know, I think. I support Aberdeen and at present we are doing cack and Celtic and Rangers are strolling out in front...

Eh what am I saying oh yeah.

I hate Old Firm in SPL... when it comes to Europe I want all teams from Scotland to do well.

Cheese
Tue 07/08/01 at 17:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I live in scotland and follow most SPL games and some 2nd divison games (for my local team). Im a big fan of football in general so I watch most of the major leagues too.
I think there is a problem with scottish football, mainly with the big teams like rangers and celtic. The lack of homegrown talent.

They have spent alot on improving young talent by investing it their youth systems and academys but you hardly ever see any making it to the 1st team. Instead they buy in players from overseas.
This dosn't appear to be much of a problem at the moment but in a few years the scotland squad will no longer have players who regularly play important matches as they no longer play for big clubs. The same may happen in England soon too.

I think they should have to have a certain amount of british players in the squad for each game.
Mon 06/08/01 at 22:57
Regular
I don't know how Celtic will fair in the Champions League, but I think it's a joke that they have to qualify.
Their Scottish champions - they should go straight in.
Ajax had a mediocre season last year - they do not deserve a chance to get in via the backdoor.

Concerning the Giggs testimonial, Celtic are 2 to 3 weeks ahead of Man Utd in their fitness and preparation because their season starts earlier than the English Premiership, so I don't think we can read to much from the 3-4 result.

They've got a top class manager in Martin O"Neill. He is very astute and tactically aware. He has many similarities with Alex Fergusion in that his players seem to respect him.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:49
Regular
Surely Scottish football cannot be as bad as everyone makes out. I was sitting in Dens park watching the Dundee v Hibs game on Saturday and it was one of the best games I have seen in a few years. End to end, plenty of chances and many moments of individual skill to leave defences baffled. This came after an unvelievable week when Celtic trounced Man U at old trafford despite the debuts of Ruud van Nistelroy and Juan Veron. We can also boast winning the last National game at the old Hampden, once Rangers and Celtic get passed the qualifying stages of the Chamions league, surely we should see what Scottish clubs could be capable of.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.