GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Konga Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I know Donkey Konga will work with freeloader but that it does not save to our memory cards. I also know that you cannot mix PAL/NTSC/NTSCJ saves all on one card.

Does anyone know if a Japanese memory card would work in conjunction with freeloader? I bought the Jap PSO3 Memory 251 card on eBay and haven't used it or formatted it to Pal yet.

Tried searching on google but it's knee deep in irrelevance...
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:15
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Ok, firstly you buy a Official Nintendo Memory Card from your local GAME shop or SR etc.. All Memory Cards are the same. If you use a Freeloader for a USA game the memory card will automatically format to USA region a JAP game it will format to Japanese, it's best to have 3 different memory cards for each region the game is from, never mix Japanese saves with PAL (UK) saves for example.

Most games save and work fine with the freeloader, However Donkey Konga doesn't and expect more games not to work in the future also. If you are using a freeloader it won't save. I have a Japanese console (Spice coloured one for £99, in a sale ;) ) so mine works ok, it's quite an expensive business to import so it is sometimes best to wait, if the game does save and work fine with the freeloader then it's worth your while... Hope that helps :)
Sun 07/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Oh, so if you buy a NTSC game and use freeloader, it won't work on a PAL memory card? Do you have to buy a NTSC memory card?
Sun 07/03/04 at 16:59
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Yeah your right, it's nothing to do with what Memory card you use it's using the freeloader in general!

Remember it's a good idea to buy the JAP version of it! When the game comes out in the USA and UK all the games will have different songs on! So if you bye all of them you'll have 3 update disks so to speak! The Japanese Version 2 disk with more songs is out very soon, so that will be 4 disks! Then your guranteed to get the most out of it! Still i have the JAP version and it's superb, play it almost every day still and got it well over 3 months ago... Play-asia has also lowered the price of it because it sold so well.

The Drums are region free because there controllers, so it doesn't matter if you buy them from JAP, they still work with the UK and USA versions of the game!
Fri 05/03/04 at 11:23
Regular
It's due out in April in America... We can hope for a May or June release.
Fri 05/03/04 at 11:17
Regular
I bought a PSOIII Memory Card from lik-sang, not sure if it'll work with DK though, from what I've read it seems to be down to using on it on PAL systems ratehr the card itself.

I was gonna get Donkey Konga at some point (mainly due to the fact that you could buy it for £35 from lik-sang and sold on eBay for £50+) but this kind of put me. Shouldn't need to wait too long for a European release.
Fri 05/03/04 at 11:04
Regular
You can use a Jap memory card as long as its formatted or something....

Sadly that still doesn't save your DKonga saves... although I believe there is now a code to counter-act that.

It's due out here soon so I'll be patient.
Fri 05/03/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I know Donkey Konga will work with freeloader but that it does not save to our memory cards. I also know that you cannot mix PAL/NTSC/NTSCJ saves all on one card.

Does anyone know if a Japanese memory card would work in conjunction with freeloader? I bought the Jap PSO3 Memory 251 card on eBay and haven't used it or formatted it to Pal yet.

Tried searching on google but it's knee deep in irrelevance...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.