GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOCOM II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Anyone got this game? Got it earlier, havent had chance to play it yet, i'll be on soon, post thoughts etc in here! I enjoyed the first so this should be decent enough, I also got the new headset :)
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Touched!"
Anyone got this game? Got it earlier, havent had chance to play it yet, i'll be on soon, post thoughts etc in here! I enjoyed the first so this should be decent enough, I also got the new headset :)
Fri 05/03/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
How is this new headset actually improved? From the pictures the only difference I can see is that it has a larger earpiece.

Still think Sony's headsets are shoddy compared to Live's.
Fri 05/03/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Touched!"
Longer cable, volume control, mute button, bigger earpiece.
Fri 05/03/04 at 16:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Got an import version when it came out in America as I loved the first game. Did all the single player missions a few times and feel it was a big improvement on the first game.
Have a UK version from a GAD win so I'll be trying out the online modes and doing the single player mode to unlock stuff when I'm bored.

Just checked my orders and its still on back order so I guess it will be middle of next week at least before it arrives.
Fri 05/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
Really next week they should have said so when i ordered it i would have saved my money and got it from woolies
Fri 05/03/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
AliBoy wrote:
> Just checked my orders and its still on back order so I guess it will
> be middle of next week at least before it arrives.

When did you claim? I only ordered on Wednesday afternoon (about 4PM ish) and it was sent out today, it's the none headset one as I have the headset from the first one.
Fri 05/03/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Belldandy wrote:

> When did you claim?

Claimed it just after Christmas, its the one with the headset as the headset I have with the first one is a bit wrecked.
Just checked again and it says it has been dispatched so hopefully will be here on Monday. Cause I live in Scotland the post usually takes a bit longer.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Ah well. Got onto the second mission of the original game tonight, finally realised you don't have to do the mission objectives in order...which makes it easier as I went and grabbed the laptop (after switching the generator off and whacking the sniper) before anything else.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I bought it today, went online for 4 hours.

First impressions?

Online isn't an improvement over the original in terms of gameplay (e.g. some weapons are way overpowered, too many bugs, targetting system really does suck, ranking system encourages teamplay all the way, you could play a blinding game and get MVP but if you lose the match your score plummets, but in fairness if you like a good chat the comms have been improved vastly).

I'll be playing SOCOM 1 online and SOCOM 2 offline.
Fri 05/03/04 at 21:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea the online part of the game really worried me when i was hearing about things called life bars and respawn rooms. I thought here we go they've caved into the casual gamers. But if the target boxes suck as well that really puts me off. When i get back to England i'll give it a blast but it sounds as if i'll be staying on Socom 1 too. Which is a shame because they have all the new maps and stuff, i was looking forward to playing with those mines

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.