GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA : SAN ANDREAS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 06/03/04 at 19:48
Regular
"TRobbins"
Hey does any 1 need help or got news on vice city i no the release date for ps2 but i cant find it for pc ! thnaks
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
What would be really handy would be if you could go into farm supplies shops and buy sit-on lawnmowers. Then you could literally 'Tear up the street'. :D
Fri 12/03/04 at 14:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Hopefully, the new version will also include more buildings you can
> enter, and the possibility of holding up shops. An in-car camera,
> where you can see all the dials and interior, would also be a plus.

That's exactly whats lacking from most of these free roaming city based games. well I call them free roaming, the freedom only extends to being able to traverse the city at will, which is why I pray for the day I can actually enter all (or at least some) buildings at random, though I suppose that would take some time developing.
Wed 10/03/04 at 17:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
As for the graphics- they'll have to update them. You can't make three games on the same engine; they get very outdated pretty quickly. When GTA London '69 came out two years after GTA, built on the same engine, it looked very dated.

Hopefully, the new version will also include more buildings you can enter, and the possibility of holding up shops. An in-car camera, where you can see all the dials and interior, would also be a plus.

Listening, Rockstar and Take 2?

:)
Wed 10/03/04 at 15:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> VC was basically the same game but with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,
> Slayer and Ozzy Osbourne on the soundtrack. Which made it a whole lot
> better, obviously. But really it could have just been an addon pack
> for the difference it gave in gameplay.

Vice City was originally designed as an expansion pack, which actually explains alot. I agree about the soundtrack too, it was fantastic listening to proper music for a change and it fitted perfectly with the era the game was set, hopefully Rockstar will make greater use of this in the future.

I think as far as San Andreas goes, I would like to hope that more is put into the game rather than just a rehash from GTA 3 and Vice City, more freedom, a bigger city and perhaps a better graphics engine (Just one look at Driver 3 shows how outdated Vice City's graphic now are) should be enough to please me, in the meantime though I'll contain my optimism until the first screenshots and info are released.
Mon 08/03/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
cipro wrote:
> That's exactly what I think. GTA: Vice City was a good game, but all
> it did was fix a few things from GTA 3 and add couple of nice but not
> groundbreaking features.

VC was basically the same game but with Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer and Ozzy Osbourne on the soundtrack. Which made it a whole lot better, obviously. But really it could have just been an addon pack for the difference it gave in gameplay.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:46
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> 3- Have a storyline that can conclude in several different ways; if
> anyone's played 'Who is Oscar Lake?', they'll know what I'm going on
> about.

Do you mean like, if you decided to kill this Mafia Boss then the story progresses in a different way from if you didn't kill him? That's just an example.
Mon 08/03/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
What Rockstar need to do with GTA is to edit the game so that more buildings can be entered, but we'll need advances in disk technology for that to be possible; too much diskspace taken up on your hard drive, and too much on 'Install' disks.

Otherwise, here's what they should do:

1- Include a wider variety of vehicles.
2- Add more missions like 'The Driver', which rely on driving skill.
3- Have a storyline that can conclude in several different ways; if anyone's played 'Who is Oscar Lake?', they'll know what I'm going on about.
4- Have a larger variety of characters.
Mon 08/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
"TRobbins"
Hey yea ur rigth with the hole get bored things
wens the next mafia cumin out i just gettin the dome 4 mafia 1 i never really looked at it cheers
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> Yeah...GTA in Las Vegas? Sounds very good to me...the thing is won't
> the whole GTA idea get a bit old and tiring after a while? I mean
> it's the same game, just in a different location.

That's exactly what I think. GTA: Vice City was a good game, but all it did was fix a few things from GTA 3 and add couple of nice but not groundbreaking features. My fear is that the series could end up as one of those yearly update franchises that EA are so fond of, same game different location.

I'm perhaps jumping the gun a bit though, I don't know what features are currently planned for the next GTA, I just hope they're enough to stop feeling too familiar.
Mon 08/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
Yeah...GTA in Las Vegas? Sounds very good to me...the thing is won't the whole GTA idea get a bit old and tiring after a while? I mean it's the same game, just in a different location.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.