GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sam and Max 2 - Please read!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sam and Max Hit the Road'.
Tue 09/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
We all know by now that Sam and Max 2 has been cancelled. Precisely why Lucasarts decided the market was not sufficient is beyond me. But all of you go and sign the petition to help change their mind. At the time of writing there are 9400 replies, and if enough respond, Lucasarts might see sense.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?LACOSAM

Go to it!!
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:33
Regular
I was surpirsed to see Full Throttle on sale in PC World the other day. Re-released and playable on Windows XP too!

I might actually buy it again. I loved that game. I was really satisfied when I completed it!
Sat 13/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cipro wrote:
> so much for Lucasarts excuse
> "there's no market for an adventure game"

I know... its kinda wierd, especially since Grim Fandango & Full Throttle (originally released in 1995!) are still saleable items...

Lucas Arts have been going downhill since the mid-ninties, it would appear their management are interested in short term 'instant' profits from 'gimmic' games, rather than long term profits from quiality titles sold on a word of mouth reccomendations?
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cookie monster wrote:
> *Cynical mode*
>
> I cant see them changing their mind because of an online petition.
>
> *Normal mode*

There's still that part of you that hopes that it will though, and I'm sure if Lucasarts looked at the petition they'd be surprised at the amount of people who've signed it. It might not change there minds, but who knows it may make them tell us the real reason they canned it.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Cynical mode*

I cant see them changing their mind because of an online petition.

*Normal mode*
Fri 12/03/04 at 14:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Wow, nearly 16500 signitures, so much for Lucasarts excuse "there's no market for an adventure game" which is what I put for my comment when I signed. Damn Lucasarts and their need to milk off the star Wars trilogy.
Tue 09/03/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
We all know by now that Sam and Max 2 has been cancelled. Precisely why Lucasarts decided the market was not sufficient is beyond me. But all of you go and sign the petition to help change their mind. At the time of writing there are 9400 replies, and if enough respond, Lucasarts might see sense.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?LACOSAM

Go to it!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.