GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Improvements In Games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/01 at 10:12
Regular
I am in no way critising games but listing improvements that I and I would think a lot of you would like to see in the next generation consoles.

Sound.

This definatly needs to be cleaned up. In the Playstation and the PC, the speech sounds like zombies are speaking. It doesn't sound realistic at all, no emotion in the voices.

AI.

Again, an area that needs to be vastly improved. The enemies need to learn from their mistakes and adapt to the way you play the game. If this can be done, games would be more of a challenge and probably more fun. I think that if this was implemented into Metal Gear Solid on the PS2, it would make it even better than it already is.

Graphics.

I can't really say much in this department as the graphics are already so good. I think that the edges need to be cleaned up a little bit but apart from that, no problems.

With these improvements, perhaps games will bring in a slightly bigger crowd with people looking for realistic entertainment. They will play games instead of watching films.

Thank you for reading.
Shaneo.
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:12
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I am in no way critising games but listing improvements that I and I would think a lot of you would like to see in the next generation consoles.

Sound.

This definatly needs to be cleaned up. In the Playstation and the PC, the speech sounds like zombies are speaking. It doesn't sound realistic at all, no emotion in the voices.

AI.

Again, an area that needs to be vastly improved. The enemies need to learn from their mistakes and adapt to the way you play the game. If this can be done, games would be more of a challenge and probably more fun. I think that if this was implemented into Metal Gear Solid on the PS2, it would make it even better than it already is.

Graphics.

I can't really say much in this department as the graphics are already so good. I think that the edges need to be cleaned up a little bit but apart from that, no problems.

With these improvements, perhaps games will bring in a slightly bigger crowd with people looking for realistic entertainment. They will play games instead of watching films.

Thank you for reading.
Shaneo.
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:22
Regular
"Back For Good"
shaneo wrote:

Sound.
>the speech sounds like zombies are speaking.
> It doesn't sound realistic at all, no emotion in the
> voices.

Zombies huh well the resi games all sound like that hehe but the sound on the PSX has always been good and the no emotion is popably bad voice acting :) but the sound is becoming of DVD quality with full 5:1.

AI.

>Again, an area that needs to be vastly improved.
> The enemies need to learn from their mistakes and adapt >to the way
> you play the game. If this can be done, games would be >more of a
> challenge and probably more fun. I think that if this was
> implemented into Metal Gear Solid on the PS2, it would >make it even
> better than it already is.

True but some games have fantatic AI and MGS2 is supposed to be vastly affected by you and i can't wait to see it in the finished game.

Graphics.

I can't really say much
> in this department as the graphics are already so good. I think that
> the edges need to be cleaned up a little bit but apart from that, no
> problems.

True the graphics are great on everything at the moment but there's always room for improvement. cough jagged edges cough

With these improvements, perhaps games will bring in a
> slightly bigger crowd with people looking for realistic
> entertainment. They will play games instead of watching
> films.

doubt games will replace cinema but games are becoming more and more real.

RES
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:32
Regular
There are not many improvements that need making to many games, I think. Most games made these days are checked over hundreds of times for improvements .
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:36
Regular
Artificial Intelligence needs to be vastly improved.
If the enemies/people/cars responded in a more complex way to how you were playing the game (the decisions you make etc) video games would be improved no end. They'd be more fun and have more depth. Take away predictability, and the replay value increases.
Sun 05/08/01 at 10:39
Regular
I agrea with you that car games need to respond better to the enviroments they are put in, Driver was a great game, but it would have been 10 times better if windows couls get smashed or cars could explode.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
All games need a longer lifespan. That's always a factor when I consider purchasing a new game.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:05
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Very true. Cough MGS Cough.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
shaneo wrote:
> Very true. Cough MGS Cough.

Indeed.
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
metal gear solid was fair long but everyone kept saying it was so short for the simple fact that they were gaging for more and unfortuanatly MGS doesn't offer much replay value and especially since you can't skip the codec talks :(
Sun 05/08/01 at 11:34
Regular
MGS did have a few problems, but they sorted them out on the MGS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.