GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mechassault 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf'.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Suh-weet!

First game I actually want for the Xbox.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Suh-weet!

First game I actually want for the Xbox.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:15
Regular
the first game was good for a while, but it's spent the past 6 months or so on my shelf, gathering dust.

I played it on live a couple of times, but it got repetitive very quickly.

I see no reason to expect much more from its sequel.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Running about on foot, so you can be stomped by big Mechs yourself, in tanks, Battlesuits and 'jacking' into other mechs, looks sweet, Live play expanded, lovely graphics.

Looks very appealing to me.
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:39
Regular
Heh, I didn't know you could run around on foot! That would be pretty good.

And by 'jacking' do you mean hacking or stealing?

Either way would also be pretty good...
Thu 11/03/04 at 12:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You run about in a little jump-jet suit, and latch onto the back of a mech. If it or a friend of its can't shake you, you can either force the pilot the eject or some such stuff, and thereby disabling a giant mech.

Anyone who's played a Mech game will know how annoying Powered Armor can be.
Thu 11/03/04 at 13:00
Regular
Sounds good. What's the release date?
Thu 11/03/04 at 13:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Miles away. Christmas I think.

Meh.
Thu 11/03/04 at 14:23
Regular
"8==="
If you can tinker about with your Mech then I'll be happy. They should've put Phantom Crash online, the arenas would have been small but sweet.
Thu 11/03/04 at 16:34
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I love Mech Assault 1, all games are repetitive to an extent, wish I could afford/justify Steel Battalion, still just have to wait for Mech Assault 2 I suppose.
Sun 14/03/04 at 15:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Schveet! I've been perusing the OXM article a lot..

Features I have divined -

- 15 planets, 5 chapters of play
- Full online Live play for 16 people - 32 would be unbelievable, but 16's cool.
- Play in Mechs (with Battletech regulars like the Cougar, Vulture + Atlas etc)
- Play on foot - eg, eject from a mech and you will have to fight it out on foot with a rifle etc.
- Play in a Rommel/Tank
- Play in a Battlesuit - With a 'powerclaw' that allows you to hook onto mechs, buildings, vehicles (a la Scorpion in Halo), VTOL aircraft as well as a jump jet!
- 'Hooking' onto things allows you better line of sight (eg a sniper postion on a building), or even better, onto mechs to force their pilots to eject and even stealing them mid-battle
- Control a VTOL aircraft - i.e you can land your reinforcements anywhere and provide close air support for your ground based allies - VTOL, so it can hover and all that
- New graphics engine - looks sweet as
- 'Death From Above' move - jump jet onto other mechs
- On foot, run into buildings to steal documents and perform other important tasks etc
- New mechs such as the 'Raptor' (looks like a Raven mech)

I'm sure some of that is in the original, but this game looks sweet as anything!

Anyone want to sell/trade me a copy of Mechassault 1?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.