GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Straight from a Cafe"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/08/01 at 17:11
Regular
The Future of Gaming in Frogmans Point of View

Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me want the point of buying console after console is, just so that you can have the best game on the market. I can see someone yelling at the back of this Internet caf. Pardon, I cant hear you, oh I get you. The idea of having a new console is to play the best games and have what? The ultimate gaming experience ever? Oh come on you cant really say that gaming can give you the same thing as the real life scenario. You must be joking.

Last year maybe, but now Im not so sure. With games like Shenmue and Pokemon focusing on real/fantasy lives the idea of having a game that you can disappear into is getting a lot more appealing. Okay I know that everyone is going, Pokemon what the I didnt like that! Well that was a first attempt of creating an extra life for kids. The result, millions of pounds for Nintendo, Shenmue on the other hand is projected to slightly older teenagers. And like Nintendo, Sega had an enormous success with this game, all the magazine said it was ten out of ten easily. So why do people like this kind of game? Well for one thing, I wouldnt mind forgetting everything for a few hours and wandering round Japan. But what about the other games like Quake 3 and Confidential Mission that involve other types of gaming skill, yet they still are number one and get nine out of ten.

I think that it is all about having a fun time with your mates, but what about those gamers who take it seriously and have to complete every game they buy to feel good. For them gaming is an excellent way to relax or take out your anger on the game rather than your furniture (which after a while can prove to be more expensive than the game itself.) With so many different types of people you need a lot of different types of games, common sense really. But hang on what about this ultimate gaming experience that was mentioned at the start. Well I think were nearly there, weve all got the ideas for a simulation console that goes over your head. Then inside this wonder of creations there is a screen that goes all around your head, now that sounds good doesnt it, put your hands up if you would buy that if it was in the shops. So you can see that were nearly there.

Good, Good, Im getting impatient already.

* Rubs hands together gleefully and chuckles with delight *

When that day comes we can all live in peace and quiet. Then play our games with the ultimate gaming experience

Frogman
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:11
The Future of Gaming in Frogmans Point of View

Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me want the point of buying console after console is, just so that you can have the best game on the market. I can see someone yelling at the back of this Internet caf. Pardon, I cant hear you, oh I get you. The idea of having a new console is to play the best games and have what? The ultimate gaming experience ever? Oh come on you cant really say that gaming can give you the same thing as the real life scenario. You must be joking.

Last year maybe, but now Im not so sure. With games like Shenmue and Pokemon focusing on real/fantasy lives the idea of having a game that you can disappear into is getting a lot more appealing. Okay I know that everyone is going, Pokemon what the I didnt like that! Well that was a first attempt of creating an extra life for kids. The result, millions of pounds for Nintendo, Shenmue on the other hand is projected to slightly older teenagers. And like Nintendo, Sega had an enormous success with this game, all the magazine said it was ten out of ten easily. So why do people like this kind of game? Well for one thing, I wouldnt mind forgetting everything for a few hours and wandering round Japan. But what about the other games like Quake 3 and Confidential Mission that involve other types of gaming skill, yet they still are number one and get nine out of ten.

I think that it is all about having a fun time with your mates, but what about those gamers who take it seriously and have to complete every game they buy to feel good. For them gaming is an excellent way to relax or take out your anger on the game rather than your furniture (which after a while can prove to be more expensive than the game itself.) With so many different types of people you need a lot of different types of games, common sense really. But hang on what about this ultimate gaming experience that was mentioned at the start. Well I think were nearly there, weve all got the ideas for a simulation console that goes over your head. Then inside this wonder of creations there is a screen that goes all around your head, now that sounds good doesnt it, put your hands up if you would buy that if it was in the shops. So you can see that were nearly there.

Good, Good, Im getting impatient already.

* Rubs hands together gleefully and chuckles with delight *

When that day comes we can all live in peace and quiet. Then play our games with the ultimate gaming experience

Frogman
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:21
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*FM considers a console that resembles a hairdressing salon industrial hair-dryer*

*FM keeps his hand down*
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:31
What cafe did you come from, was it that one in the East end of London, near the queen vik.
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:38
Regular
"AKA Khazar"
Stick474 wrote:
> What cafe did you come from, was it that one in the East end of
> London, near the queen vik.

UAMMLMAO!
Sat 04/08/01 at 17:45
Je wrote:
> Stick474 wrote:
> What cafe did you come from, was it that one
> in the East end of
> London, near the queen vik.

UAMMLMAO!

???? ???? ???? what does UAMMLMAO! mean???? ???? ????

*Stick is confused and unless his question is answered he may pass out.*
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:00
Ok post mattt but since you have been a gamer for a month maybe you should research a bit more to the subject of you being a long time gamer!
Sat 04/08/01 at 22:34
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
UAMMLMAO!
HA! thats great.
Sat 04/08/01 at 23:21
"I love yo... lamp."
It is a difficult topic to deal with. The ultimate gaming experience is one that should be fun. But what is the ultimate? Is it realism? Or is it fantasy? Or a bit of both? That gives us difficult to answer fundamental questions that need to be answered before we can get the ultimate gaming experience. Gaming is evolving in some ways for the better in some ways for the worse. There are some games that even nowadays are untouchable despite their age. I am refering to the games on the Spectrum etc. One day we will have the answeres but at what cost? I leave you to ponder that question.
Sat 04/08/01 at 23:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Sat 04/08/01 at 23:25
Regular
Make it 29.99

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.