GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Fri 12/03/04 at 02:01
"I love yo... lamp."
So the Xbox version has co-op mode. Yey!

And the PC version doesn't... In a way, yey again.

It also has Live. But no mention of Live co-op mode.

Still, it shall rock muchly.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:26
Regular
"8==="
tributé wrote:
> Damn, they're ruining Doom

Some of the best bits were wandering into the dark bits or when the lights suddenly go out and the creatures pile in...

I think they're staying true to the freaky nature of the originals.
Sat 13/03/04 at 13:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Damn, they're ruining Doom
Sat 13/03/04 at 12:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed!

I just remembered.

They're not having the legions of Imps and stuff. It's more of a FPS Resi in terms of enemies and them in shadows etc.
Sat 13/03/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> I just want to blast non stop at stuff once in a while.

You aint gonna get that with DoomIII.
Sat 13/03/04 at 00:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Jet Force Gemini 2 = Me very happy.
Sat 13/03/04 at 00:02
"I love yo... lamp."
Well yes you can do that in Half Life. But it doesn't feel the same.

What I loved about Jet Force Gemini was that there were a few sections of non stop inane blasting big blue bugs. And that rocked.

But with Half Life, you have to worry about your health as you do that.

Not so with Doom 3. In thinking about it now though, I want an Xbox JFG2.

I'm off to petition Rare.
Sat 13/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
They all look better on PC due to screen resolutions and AA/AF that can be turned on to a set degree.
Fri 12/03/04 at 23:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But cannot one do thatin Half Life 2 as well, but with a bit of a challenge?

Doome 3 shall be good, gloriously good looking fun, but not what really should be hyped....
Fri 12/03/04 at 23:53
"I love yo... lamp."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I would rather play a far superior PC version which will eventually
> receive a mod of patch to enable CO-OP play.

I have my doubts about this actually. It is Vicarious Visions or whatever they are called that are doing the port and it is them that are putting in the co-op mode, not id. I'll probably end up with PC and Xbox versions.

Now yes Half Life 2 will probably be "better". But I don't always want stunning AI or fully interactive environments.

I just want to blast non stop at stuff once in a while.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Doom 3 never looked very appealing to me.
>
> Atmospheric and slick, yes, but it seems like a run and gun all the
> way through. I usually prefer something with a little more depth,
> which hopefully Half-Life 2 will deliver.

I'll be the first to admit that Doom 3 probably won't deliver anything more than non-stop running, shooting and simple puzzle solving... but this is what I want from a Doom game. Quake II disappointed slightly because - as is the case with many of the so-called "brainless" FPS's nowadays - the developers put in mission objectives and such. This isn't what I want from Quake or Doom. I expect to grab big guns and shoot stuff. Don't get me wrong; I like Half-Life and all those snazzy cool extra things you can do in the game, but that's what makes it Half-Life, and what makes it different. Doom just needs guns and demons.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.