GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy is back!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 09:27
Regular
And I haven't got it yet...

I'm in a bit of a predicament you see... I haven't completed Prince of Persia yet, haven't even put Beyond good and Evil into the system and have just bought Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

But I will get it soon, maybe today... it has been getting favourable reviews despite the negative previews and it does look like damn good fun. Especially as I have 2 GBA's. Anyone got it yet?

Any good?

Recommended?

Maybe I should play some games... but Homework is more important.

Oh well.
Fri 12/03/04 at 11:05
Regular
I hear it works just fine.
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I still think it's gonna feel strange controlling a gorgeous looking Gamecube game with an old GBA, with the ancient old D-pad and choice of only a few buttons, but never mind.
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:14
Regular
Totoro wrote:
> Mine came this morning, and I'll hopefully be playing it in 3-player
> tonight.

Same here, except I've just gone out and bought it.

Now I've got to negotiate this hurdle commonly known as work...
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Drinks Sunny Deligh"
Yeah I guess so. Everyone has their own opinion of what makes a game fun; sometimes technical factors like long loading times do spoil the game, but if you're not bothered by it then I guess you have more choice then the picky ones :)

The Edge reviews are the ones that are most suited to me, especially comapred with every other mag I've read so far... occasionally it does bring up points which I don't really care about, so if they penalised the game for that, I automatically raise its score a bit - kind of like a personal review modifier (I just made that term up).

There were only two reviews which I completely disagreed on in Edge - Halo (definitely not worth the 10/10, personally I think they were bribed by MS), and Super Smash Bros Melee - in both single and multiplayer the game was amazing.
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
From what I'd imagine, if you play alone in single player it won't be anything special, but multi-player, if you have the right amount of friends/relatives, GBA's and GBA link cables, you'll get a lot more out of it.

Mine came this morning, and I'll hopefully be playing it in 3-player tonight.
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:04
Regular
Yeah but they criticise game on the technical factors...

It's like those that complain Mario Sunshine was rubbish because they game didn't have the original landscapes and items of the mario universe...

What a crap reason, games deserve high scores if they're fun... every magazine knows it... there are degrees of "goodness" but a good game is a good game... no matter how many technical problems it has. Like XIII, Games TM knocked it for the long loading times, unskippable cut scenes and occasionally too long distances between save points...

Of course missing the point it is one of the FPS' of the generation...
Fri 12/03/04 at 10:02
Regular
"Drinks Sunny Deligh"
No they're good because their reviews are on the basis of a marking scale different to every other magazine out there. 6/10 is actually a good score, despite being slated in their review.

The way they review most games is also different to other mags; with nearly every Edge review I've read, it brings into account whether it will still be interesting a few months down the line, after the initial excitement has gone.
Fri 12/03/04 at 09:57
Regular
They're supposed to be so great because of their wonderful lay out etc... and in depth reviews... but the reviewer is the key to the review... so any magazine's opinion is correct...

Bar Cube who barley play the game.
Fri 12/03/04 at 09:50
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Edge and Games TM were less than glowing about it though... but I'm beginning to wonder what those two magazines actually do think is a good game...
Fri 12/03/04 at 09:49
Regular
Well NGC gave it 86% which is a good score, NOM gave it a high score can't remember what and CUBE gave it 9.0... another great score.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.