GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pedestrian squishing fun for the whole family....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000'.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:15
Regular
Taken from IGN.com

March 11, 2004 - Is it time for another franchise rejuvenation? A recently released financial report from SCi Entertainment Group Plc makes frequent mention of development on a new Carmageddon title, planned for release in 2005.

Few details on the new title are revealed, but simply that a "new and updated Carmageddon is in development," and is set to be released for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and PC.

The anarchic, violent car combat franchise, which first launched in 1997 to a good deal of controversy, has floundered since Carmageddon 3 was released in 2000. The series was known for its high gore factor, but not necessarily for amazing game play.

We'll get you more details on the new Carmageddon title as soon as they appear.

All it needs is Xbox Live play and I really will cream in my pants.
Mon 15/03/04 at 00:56
Regular
"8==="
What about sticking some guns in though?

I used to play the Car Wars board/table top game and I've always been on the look out for something that comes close to that, I think so far BattleTanx and Roadkill have come the nearest to re-creating the excellent Car Wars.

Never played Twisted Metal but I've heard that's also good.
Mon 15/03/04 at 00:45
Regular
Oh that is absolutely excellent news. Just last week I was raving on about how much I loved carmageddon 2 for the PC.

I believe the third title (TDR 2000) was a load of tosh, but a modern update of that series would be quality.

They had better have pedestrians and not daft looking zombies.
Mon 15/03/04 at 00:42
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> But look at the other games in the series. Awful.

Not true.

The PC versions were all really good...if a bit shallow, fun. The console versions were cack, but this sequel is bound to be a hell of a lot better as it'll be made around the PC release.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:24
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> But look at the other games in the series. Awful.

Only played Carmageddon 2 and the '64 version, it wasn't great BUT the large levels were very well designed and if they'd actually put in some decent projectile weapons and a bigger variety of weapons it would've been am much better multiplayer experience.

If the new one finally has a decent array of guns that'll do it a world of good.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:27
"I love yo... lamp."
I never "got" Carmageddon. However, Borat will be in a joyous mood.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:07
Regular
But look at the other games in the series. Awful.

And look at Postal. The first was heavily criticised, and despite everyone's excitement, so was the recent sequel.

It's probably likely the same will happen with Carmageddon. We'll see.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:18
Regular
"8==="
Live play should make it a must. Otherwise you may aswell get Roadkill.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:15
Regular
Taken from IGN.com

March 11, 2004 - Is it time for another franchise rejuvenation? A recently released financial report from SCi Entertainment Group Plc makes frequent mention of development on a new Carmageddon title, planned for release in 2005.

Few details on the new title are revealed, but simply that a "new and updated Carmageddon is in development," and is set to be released for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and PC.

The anarchic, violent car combat franchise, which first launched in 1997 to a good deal of controversy, has floundered since Carmageddon 3 was released in 2000. The series was known for its high gore factor, but not necessarily for amazing game play.

We'll get you more details on the new Carmageddon title as soon as they appear.

All it needs is Xbox Live play and I really will cream in my pants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.