GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US gamecube sell out!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Underbean"
Nintendo of America struggle to find stock as half the suppliers in America run out of the console.
When it was reported that the GameCube production had temporarily halted, many jumped the gun and pronounced the platform to be as dead as several doornails. But now, like a phoenix from the flames, Nintendo's little purple console is flying off the shelves.

In fact, going from one extreme to the other, the Cube is now selling so quickly in America that NoA is having to bring in stock from other regions and production in Japan has been ramped up. Not bad for the company that has been written off by many pundits, even though (thanks to the Xbox's monumentally poor performance in Japan) Nintendo have never actually dropped to third in the global console race.

The pre-Christmas price cut is largely responsible for the swell in sales, although games like Mario Kart Double Dash!! have sold very well in the region, even topping the all-formats chart.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:49
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
chatterbox wrote:
> all you do is high light the riting then press ctrl c and then put it
> into the forum by pressing ctrl p and then enter straight after

oh my....we actually got a description.

well...I feel...honoured...I guess..
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:48
Regular
Join us next week when we find out how really won World War 2.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:47
Regular
Yeah guys.

Don't be meen.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Underbean"
all you do is high light the riting then press ctrl c and then put it into the forum by pressing ctrl p and then enter straight after
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:45
"I love yo... lamp."
But we do look at the news section... Which is why we don't bother posting it, because we know it.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Underbean"
what does that meen? i was just helping special reserve by bring the news from the site (that no one looks at) to the chat forums
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:42
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You must teach me how to copy and paste sometimes and also how to
> access historical data from the internet.

yes, me too.
oo, I cant wait until he teaches us....it's an essential life skill, is that...
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:40
Regular
You must teach me how to copy and paste sometimes and also how to access historical data from the internet.
Fri 12/03/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Underbean"
Nintendo of America struggle to find stock as half the suppliers in America run out of the console.
When it was reported that the GameCube production had temporarily halted, many jumped the gun and pronounced the platform to be as dead as several doornails. But now, like a phoenix from the flames, Nintendo's little purple console is flying off the shelves.

In fact, going from one extreme to the other, the Cube is now selling so quickly in America that NoA is having to bring in stock from other regions and production in Japan has been ramped up. Not bad for the company that has been written off by many pundits, even though (thanks to the Xbox's monumentally poor performance in Japan) Nintendo have never actually dropped to third in the global console race.

The pre-Christmas price cut is largely responsible for the swell in sales, although games like Mario Kart Double Dash!! have sold very well in the region, even topping the all-formats chart.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.