GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Bored Rambling post as I wait for dinnertime to come...!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 11:01
Regular
Im bored out of my brains in my 3 month holiday off school waiting for my dad to return from work so I can get my new issue of PC Gamer and get a demo of Max Payne (I hope its on anyway). So I'm gonna think of a really really long topic that I can type about so it will make the time go a bit faster...

I think I'll type about Emulation or rather what I've realised becuse of emulation.

Recently I read a topic on emulation in one of these forums, and decided to find out what emulation was like. My first impression was how shocked Iwas that there were soooooo many emulatuion sites. It really shocked me.

I downloaded a Mega Drive emulator and downloaded some of my favourites. Theme Park, Micro Machines 2, Sonic 1,2,3, Sonic and Knuckles, Light Crusader, Mickey mouse and the castle of illusion. They were my fav I think.

When Sonic first loaded up and I heard the #SEGA# It was completely nostalgic, then I heard all the music that I remember from 10 years ago, and it was quite emotional, but when I started to play, I couldnt quite kick the feeling that it wasnt as good as it used to be. As I was playing Sonic I kept jumping on spikes and missing the baddies and hen getting hit by them, and losing all my rings and then losing a life. I was shocked. when I remember back, I never lost a life until I was at the labaryinth level, and I was under water. I didnt know how to react because it was so wierd that I was losing lives.

Then I kept getting game over, game over, game over. I was going insane. I never get game over on games anymore. I kept wanting to save my game, and you cant do that. and I realised that I couldnt play these game I had to uninstall them, I was getting too frustrated. So I uninstalled them.

Now I've been left thinking about the games that I used to play and the games I am playing now. I love the games now, so much, it's unbelievable. games now are much better than they were back then. I would say that games now are harder than back then definately. But the games are longer, games then were much much shorter, but alot easier, but I think that they are much more tense than today. we have the save game feature, they didnt. If you completed the final boss in games before, then you get a better sense of achievement than you do today, because you cant save just before the boss and therefore If you lost all your lives you have to sgtart again from the beggining.

I think I need to start to get to point. The point is that the games now are different to games then, but in my opinion they are much better today than then because I think that more thought is put into them. Sonic games were basically a lot of walkways for you to walk along and then different creatures to had to jump and hit. Not that hard. Games today have AI and your enemies seem to do more then look pretty.

I'm rambling again. games tyoday have alot more thought put into them and the games are more interesting and playable then before. So I think if games have come such a long way in ten years, think about how good games are going to be in another ten ears time. In 2011 I hope I remember this post , so I can think about how the games have improved!!

Ok that's it from me, I've wasted 2 mins writing this, so I am getting closer to when my dad'll get home!!!!!

seeeyas and happy gaming, now and in the future.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:56
Regular
thanks , i went on the official website it seems a bit over the top

http://maxpayne.godgames.com
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:48
Ok Max Payne is a 3D 3rd person shooter. It has some of the best graphics ever seen. You can go into slow motion Matrix Style, and it has got 95% from the PC GAMER mag, that's why I want it.

I also thought they would have a demo of it on the disks but never mind.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:44
Regular
i dont read pc mags any way i just got my PC about a month ago
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:44
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> It's a new PC game, it looks great and apparently is fantastic. do
> a search on the net and have a look it should be great, i can't wait
> till i've got the cash to buy it!!

scrap my last post this is on
> the current PC Gamer CDs (just bought it)...

Anachronox
Serious
> Sam
The Sting!
Bacteria
Toon Car
Leadfoot
3D World War
> II
Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions
Battlecruiser
> Millenium

and a Max Payne review.

what's on the DVD?
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:43
joe_poly wrote:
> would someone please tell me what max payne people have been talking
> about it all over UK Chat Forums

Please tell me you are joking, either that or are blind and havent seen a PC mag last month.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:42
Regular
"How Handy."
It's a new PC game, it looks great and apparently is fantastic. do a search on the net and have a look it should be great, i can't wait till i've got the cash to buy it!!

scrap my last post this is on the current PC Gamer CDs (just bought it)...

Anachronox
Serious Sam
The Sting!
Bacteria
Toon Car
Leadfoot
3D World War II
Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions
Battlecruiser Millenium

and a Max Payne review.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:34
Regular
* sorry what max payne is
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:33
Regular
would someone please tell me what max payne people have been talking about it all over UK Chat Forums
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:21
Regular
"How Handy."
there isn't a demo on this month's PC Gamer, i just checked. buying it anyway coz there's a thing about the new CS and I need a mag to read.
Fri 03/08/01 at 14:49
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> Is there a demo of Max Payne on PC Gamer???? You sure??? I need a
> fiver!!

I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain that there will be, but I wont find out until we go to get my sis fro work cos I'll be getting the mag then

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.