GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 and connections..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/01 at 23:40
Regular
can sum1 tell me (im gonna get a ps2 this weekend) wot cable is supplied with a ps2 and are ALL tvs compatible with it?? I have a scart socket but im unsure if it will support PS2? i dont think my tv supports RGB - it DIDNt suport dreamcast scart it jus went black.........can any1 tell me?? also wot do yu get with a ps2 in the actual box??
Thu 02/08/01 at 23:48
Regular
It comes with a scart lead, which should fit your TV fine. It is not an RGB lead, so the fact your TV doesn`t support it ain`t a problem!

You can also buy aerial socket style leads seperately, but the one in the box should be fine!

Note also: If you decide to upgrade to RGB, and use an RGB supporting TV, it will not work with your DVDs. PS2 games will be fine, but the DVD player will not work properly. It turns the picture green.

Sorry, that was a lot of nothing to arrive at the simple conclusion that you should just stick with what`s in the box!
Thu 02/08/01 at 23:40
Regular
can sum1 tell me (im gonna get a ps2 this weekend) wot cable is supplied with a ps2 and are ALL tvs compatible with it?? I have a scart socket but im unsure if it will support PS2? i dont think my tv supports RGB - it DIDNt suport dreamcast scart it jus went black.........can any1 tell me?? also wot do yu get with a ps2 in the actual box??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.