GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4 - Prologue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Is it worth getting? Has anybody played it? How many tracks does it have?
Fri 19/03/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wakka wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> It's not awful it's just unless you like the licence tests and
> arcade
> mode then it's really not the game for you.
>
> No i don't like lincence tests.

Well then as completing those are the only way to get new cars and makes up the bulk of Prologue, then i would suggest not buying it.
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
lalakersrule wrote:
> It's not awful it's just unless you like the licence tests and arcade
> mode then it's really not the game for you.

No i don't like lincence tests.
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's not awful it's just unless you like the licence tests and arcade mode then it's really not the game for you.
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:05
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Biggest waste of money.
> Eva

Ooooh A bold 'a'. That's means the gaem must be 'awful'.
Fri 19/03/04 at 18:50
"period drama"
Biggest waste of money.
Eva
Fri 19/03/04 at 15:07
Regular
"uncopyable"
Nah I wouldn't bother.

Without the Gran Turismo mode, which as we all know is the real 'meat' of the GT series (always has been always will be) it just turns into a limited racer with a few tracks and cars. A good-looking one, admittedly, but limited none the less.

I mean, who plays GT in arcade mode? The whole point is building up a garage of cars and playing through the game.

Unless of course you think the best bit of GT is the license tests - because there are loads of them in there and you're forced to play the damn things in order to unlock the cars in the game, well unless you are happy with the 10 or so you get from the start.

I enjoyed it up to the point where I had raced all the tracks and had a blast in the cooler cars you are given to being with.

Although one thing it did do is make me really look forward to the full version of GT4, as visually and playability wise, the game is gonna’ rock. This much is obvious. Still for the best part of 20 quid, I can think of 100s of better ways to spend the cash.
Fri 19/03/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
see SR have it for sale, I've not seen it anywhere else though, strange eh
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Thanks Y'All. I've decided to not get it.
Thu 18/03/04 at 10:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
5 tracks, 54 cars, £18.99

[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/n_3036-news.html[/URL]
Thu 18/03/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
there's still a fair bit to do on the Prologue version, search for it on play-asia.com and it tells you exactly how many cars and tracks are available.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.