GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft XP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/01 at 17:55
Regular
I have just reiceved a complementry copy of Office XP but I am in two minds wheather or not to install it. It's a perfectly legal copy but I am unsure weather XP is any good or if I should just continue using Office 2000?
Has anyone any experience with XP?
Tue 07/08/01 at 13:56
Regular
"How Handy."
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about them doing it all the time, the only thing like that is when you validate the software. You have to run a program which take the HARDWARE details of your computer and sends to MS, so they make sure you've not got 15,000 copies installed.
Tue 07/08/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think it's a bit unrealistic to think that Microsoft have programmed any OS to send them details of what programs you have installed on your PC - think how much data that would result in them receiving if ever PC in the world with Windows XP that was connected to the Internet started sending that information.

Unless every single CD is encoded with a different ID within the software itself then it'd be pointless. Besides, you're not obliged to register any software you own so they'd have trouble accusing you of anything unless they found a box marked 'Pirated Software' next to your PC!

Or am I wrong?
Tue 07/08/01 at 08:55
Regular
I won't buy XP but 2000 is excellent. If you want a good graphical OS then I suggest 2k Pro.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't trust Microsoft and I will do everything I can to see them shut down, starting with not buying anything with the letters "XP" on the end.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:34
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Anyway, why do you care if Microsoft know what your doing on your PC.... got someting to hide 'ave ya ;o) ;o) hehe
Mon 06/08/01 at 10:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If someone paid be £500 to have Win/Office XP, I wouldn't take it.
Mon 06/08/01 at 10:18
Regular
There are rummors that Microsoft can send info through firewalls as they know how must windows type firewalls work. Although this will probably get stopped by th DoJ.
Sat 04/08/01 at 09:38
Turbonutter wrote:
> No, it wastes bandwidth.

Also, did I tell you that it can also
> tell Microsoft what you are doing, what programs you have installed
> and your hardware configuration?

WinXP is the ultimate Big
> Brother OS.

I think your paranoid. Anyway I have have a firewall which could stop any info being sent to Microsoft.
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:23
Regular
"How Handy."
tbn, that's Win XP we're on about Office XP
Fri 03/08/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, it wastes bandwidth.

Also, did I tell you that it can also tell Microsoft what you are doing, what programs you have installed and your hardware configuration?

WinXP is the ultimate Big Brother OS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.