GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max Payne....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/01 at 17:18
Regular
..got 95% in the latest issue of PC Gamer, and they are usually pretty accurate with their reviews. For you non PC gamers, they gave Deus Ex 95%, and Half Life 96% - they give very few games that high a mark. Start getting VERY excited about the PS2 version now ;-).
Tue 07/08/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Max Payne is over a bit quickly, I’ve been playing it round a mates house (my PC isn’t up to spec.) and he’s just finished it as well.

I have to say that as a game it keeps it’s replay value very well, it’s not the sort of game you finish and then say “That’s that, what’s next then?” It will keep you entertained again and again.

You have to play the game on the easiest level first, then on completion you gain access to the harder level settings.

Eventually the novelty of the bullet time may wear off, but I would imagine that this would take longer than it would to complete most games.

Even though I’ve more or less played through the whole game on the PC, I’ll still be getting it for myself on either the PS2 or the PC, if I upgrade my graphics card.
Tue 07/08/01 at 09:29
"High polygon count"
A colleague of mine has had it since the middle of last week and has completed it already. While it does sound good, it also sounds far too easy.
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:47
Regular
"You Bum!!"
The game is out for the PC now.I might buy that just to see what it plays like
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:11
Regular
There was this picture of Max Payne himself on one issue of PSM2 (issue #12 Pg. 43) and I got to say that it looks like they scanned pictures to make his face which I think could look better if the developers had used polygons instead, but the background and gameplay look good and I haven't played the PC version.
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:00
Regular
"MSR Rules"
They will have to tone down the graphics a notch or two. The PC version uses huge environments, not yet able to be reproduced on consoles without data streming from the CD/DVD.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:22
One of the decent songs they wrote in the 90s. Sad I know.
Fri 03/08/01 at 15:09
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
devo wrote:
Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme the ultraviolence I desire

Once you rocked James, but know.....
Fri 03/08/01 at 11:43
I can see it now - PS2 Max Payne - featuring ice, jungle and castle levels. Max is changed to a small purple dragon, and shoots fluffy bunnies. Pah, pah, and thrice pah. If that's the case, I must just get it on PC then.

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme the ultraviolence I desire ;-)
Thu 02/08/01 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
I did read in a PS2 mag that the game is "likely to be toned down for the PS2".

But they didn't say whether this meant in violent content, gameplay options or something else.

Personally I see no reason that any aspect should be affected, but still...
Thu 02/08/01 at 17:18
..got 95% in the latest issue of PC Gamer, and they are usually pretty accurate with their reviews. For you non PC gamers, they gave Deus Ex 95%, and Half Life 96% - they give very few games that high a mark. Start getting VERY excited about the PS2 version now ;-).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.