GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:05
"Genius!"
Is there going to be a timesplitters 3, i've been hearing rumours that there isn't, but i dont know why because they are such good games and have done so well.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:27
Regular
Well, only time will tell.
Thu 18/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
yeah, ala need for speed, medal of honour and ssx3
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not being sure whether the agreement was with all EA games or just EA Sports games i can't say definitly, however if it was with all EA games then there will be NO online elements on anything else other then the PS2 version.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:33
Regular
With a game of such high calibre of TimeSplitters 3, I think EA will put it online with Xbox and GameCube if they can. The thing is, there's problems with both. Microsoft and EA, like you said, have had quibbles over online play (though I think it's being resolved now), and there may not be a sufficient amount of people using the GameCube online service.

To be honest, the beauty of TimeSplitters 2 was it's social elements to multiplayer. Playing by yourself online will remove all that, and I don't think I could be bothered with it. So I'd personally prefer some extra features on the offline side.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:32
Regular
but it dont mean they cant make a GC online version, just that no one has the adapters. spose they could.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Maverick42 wrote:
> We'll have to see.
>
> I don't see why they can't make it online for the GameCube too.

Because EA have that agreement with Sony

If
> they don't, I expect they'll throw in some GC exclusive features to
> compensate.

Probably but if i'd much prefer online play then some added extras.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
We'll have to see.

I don't see why they can't make it online for the GameCube too. If they don't, I expect they'll throw in some GC exclusive features to compensate.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If it's getting published by EA then it's only online on PS2 whether Free Radical consider Nintendo their 'spiritual home' or not.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:23
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> He means online play will be exclusive to the PS2 not the actual
> game
> itself
>
> That's what I meant, too.
>
> Why would they want to make the online play PS2 exclusive?
>
> Because Sony gave EA a bag of cash to keep their games online
> capabilities on the PS2 only.

Free Radical aren't ones to listen to publishers too much.

Why did they leave Eidos? Because Eidos said "don't make TimeSplitters 3 for the GameCube". They basically said "screw you".

Considering Free Radical consider Nintendo their "spiritual home", and EA have very good ties with Nintendo at the moment, I doubt they'll be favouring the PS2.

After all, TimeSplitters 2 was developed to be the better game when played on GameCube.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:22
Regular
online exclusive to PS2 because EA charge their own subscription fee's, microsoft did not want them to do this on 'LIVE' because they want all the money, likewise EA want all the money.
ironically its Sony that come out on top.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.