GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"if IE Tutorial Please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 15:43
Regular
I wish!

OK learnt a new thing today, it was brought to my attention that this tag

if IE

might help me, and it did! on this occasion, so I looked up the internet about this tag and some sites say use it, others call it a hack? so what is it?

From what I can find out it gives instructions to your browser, if you are IE 5 or above do this! or if you are not IE do some thing else!

Are there any [if FF commands? (Firefox) as a recent survey in Computer Shopper stated that Firefox user were on the increase and were threatning IE dominance.

Can you change scrollbar colours in Firefox?
Thu 25/01/07 at 21:52
Regular
Hopefully? this thread should now be available to those with IE was that a flaw in code or what? sorry about that folks who would have thought a title of a thread would wipe out a thread.

Kev
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Is it the 'if IE' some how messing things up?...

Told you!

Freeola may never see this thread unless they use FF...
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:32
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It's because the subject of the thread contains <!--[if IE]>, which appears in the page title, but hasn't been stripped sufficiently.

This means that it is seen as the beginning of an HTML comment in Firefox, Opera, etc, and only ends when they come to the closing --> within the </script> element, by which time it's bypassed the style sheet code.

IE, on the other hand, sees the beginning of a conditional comment, but not closing conditional comment, doesn't know what to do, so shows nothing.

See what you've done Digitrader :)
Thu 25/01/07 at 17:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Is it the 'if IE' some how messing things up? Don't see how
> though as it's not markup.

The page title isnt transformed, its still got the

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.