GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wot should i do?? - keep my dc or get a ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/01 at 15:56
Regular
hello, i need yur help people. i no its gonna be a biased ansewr from yu ps2 peeps but try and be honest, im gonna prob get a ps2 2moro but are they totally worth it?? im gonna trade in my dc etc and get a ps2 but wot games are best to get?? and are they as good games as dreamcast its a lot of money to invest in.....any1s rep[lys would be appreciated
Thu 02/08/01 at 15:56
Regular
hello, i need yur help people. i no its gonna be a biased ansewr from yu ps2 peeps but try and be honest, im gonna prob get a ps2 2moro but are they totally worth it?? im gonna trade in my dc etc and get a ps2 but wot games are best to get?? and are they as good games as dreamcast its a lot of money to invest in.....any1s rep[lys would be appreciated
Thu 02/08/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Back For Good"
to be honest man if you have tons of games on you dreamcast and are happy with it i'd keep it but if you want to play the current and future PS2 titles and even the back catalogue of classic Ps1 games then the PS2 is for you.
Thu 02/08/01 at 16:47
"High polygon count"
If you're happy with your DC, keep it. If you can afford it, why not have a PS2 as well? Does it HAVE to be one or the other?

Although do bear in mind that the DC may only have abuot 8/9 months left in it. Sega have said that they won't be producing any more games for it after March/April next year, and once they stop, will 3rd-party companies continue to support it?

If you must choose between them, then apart from the games, consider the cash aspect. If you trade-in or sell your DC now, you will get more for it. If you wait, the PS2 will come down in price, but you'll get less for your DC when you get rid of it.
Thu 02/08/01 at 19:47
Regular
I'd keep the DC AND get the psx2.

If you trade it in, you won't get anything near what you paid for it as a discount off a new psx2. Best to keep it and use it.

Psx2 games started off fairly good, and have been getting better and better. Compare racers such as the release day game ridge racer and this month new release GT3 to see how the development of games is going.

Definitely buy one !
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:38
Regular
yea i feel like i really wana get a ps2 but its either one or the otehr im afraid due to cash, i think im gonna go for a ps2 - but can people expklain wot i'll get with the console and how the ps2 connects to my tv, my tv didnt support the DC scart so i wonder if that will be the same?? it should go thro an aerial tho...........wot games would yu ps2 owenes recomend?? im thinkin of getin ps2 + ea rugby + gran turismo + controller i will jus look 2moro thanx 4 yur advice
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:48
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yeah, get a bundle or something.Go to EB and look for any good offers they have got. The console includes a Dual Shock pad and the demo CD.

The good games to get would be:

Timesplitters
Red Faction
Extermination
Escape From Monkey Island(if u like that)
Quake 3
Formula 1 2001

Anything else.Ermmmm.....er....welllll...

Well there is a game called GT3...

U can connect your PS2 using different methods.Using the SCART lead,the RGB lead or simply the connection that comes with the console.

Ask Wookiee about the TVs.He is an expert in that field:)
Thu 02/08/01 at 23:52
Regular
And SSX!!!!
Fri 03/08/01 at 02:05
Regular
Ninty here,

i say buy a PS2, honestly if there ever was a console worth buying for one game this would have to be it. GT3 is that damn good.
Fri 03/08/01 at 10:46
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
ssxpro wrote:
> And SSX!!!!

I'm glad you said that, I read that post and nearly blew up!
Sat 04/08/01 at 14:49
Get a PS2, DC's have had there time.
If you really have to sell your DC, take it to your nearest GameStation shop, they'll give you the best trade-in offer.

Depends on how many games you've got etc though.

Besides, GT3 isn't on DC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.