GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goldeneye 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Goldeneye: Rogue Agent'.
Sat 20/03/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
I've heard (admittedly from a Gamecube magazine) that there is Goldeneye 2 coming out in which you play the bad guy

Its supposed to be out sometime this year as the actual date has not been confirmed. It will be out on PS2, Gamecube and Xbox.

What improvements would you like from Everything or Nothing and from the original Goldeneye.
Wed 24/03/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Edgy wrote:
> EA have brought about many inconsistencies in the bond universe.
>
> Example:
> Jaws reformed and became good at the end of Moonraker - and in EoN
> he's determined to destroy bond.

It's a mad world. :)
Wed 24/03/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
Have SP put goldeneye 2 on the website yet
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:31
Regular
EA have brought about many inconsistencies in the bond universe.

Example:
Jaws reformed and became good at the end of Moonraker - and in EoN he's determined to destroy bond.
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:29
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:
> i've said this somewhere befor, but instead of EA just publishing
> timesplitters 3, y not buy free radical? then they could have a
> proper sequal to goldeneye.
> also a question.
> did the EA anouncer say it was a sequal to the goldeneye film, or
> game?

More blatant copying:

"GoldenEye 2's story will follow a British secret agent who is dismissed from MI6's '00' (double-O) program for "reckless brutality." Like the fallen spy played by Sean Bean in GoldenEye the film, players will soon enter the criminal underworld. Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger. The game's goal will be to seize control of the "world's greatest criminal organization," which is presumably the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. crime syndicate."

So I gues neither, since Goldfinger died long before. It's probable that EA are just using the name alone for marketing purposes.

As to buying out FR, the IP will still belong to Rare.
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Icaruss wrote:
> EA President making something up? Right.

Well, if I owned EA, I'd probably not be the most sane of characters. I'd probably be suggesting FIFA and James Bond games are now good. And then I'd be lying.

Ahaha.
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
i've said this somewhere befor, but instead of EA just publishing timesplitters 3, y not buy free radical? then they could have a proper sequal to goldeneye.
also a question.
did the EA anouncer say it was a sequal to the goldeneye film, or game?
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:16
Regular
I agree, but I'm not sure if EA can copy things like level designs, since that can be classed as IP of Rare and therefore can't be used unless EA made some sort of an agreement. Which is unlikely seeing as Rare are now in the ownership of Microsoft, and EA refuse to support their Live! service.
Sat 20/03/04 at 20:10
Regular
": ("
If they were to just improve the graphics on the original Goldeneye it would be great, theres no improvements the game needs really.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:58
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> The thing about you playing the bad guy is most probably balls.
>

"In a twist that's sure to thrill anyone who has ever rooted for the bad guy at the movies, GoldenEye 2 will let "players become the ultimate villain in the Bond universe," according to EA President and COO John Riccitiello."

EA President making something up? Right.
Sat 20/03/04 at 19:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The thing about you playing the bad guy is most probably balls.

However, Goldeneye 2 is coming out across all formats, and maybe this year as well. As long as EA don't muck it up, it should be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.