GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"oh no, please no!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:10
"Majestic"
Resident evil 4 cannot be played without a widescreen tele?
Please tell me this isnt true.
Mon 22/03/04 at 14:19
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Well if all you people need to invest in a new tv, may I suggest
> TVRUS.com where I bought my beeeeeaaaaauuuuttttiiiiiful Samsung
> 28" Flat Widescreen with a DVD player built in for just
> £300?

No way? Really?

I got a dodgy second hand 26" tv that gives me small electric shocks if I reach round the back when it's plugged in. I thought that was a bargain at £60.

But a widescreen one with dvd player, that won't threaten to kill you?
Bargain!
Sun 21/03/04 at 21:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
yesss...cus' now I feel sooooo left out :(
Sun 21/03/04 at 21:16
Regular
Ha ha ha... you don't need a new TV to play the game.
Sun 21/03/04 at 12:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ashman wrote:
> Well if all you people need to invest in a new tv, may I suggest
> TVRUS.com where I bought my beeeeeaaaaauuuuttttiiiiiful Samsung
> 28" Flat Widescreen with a DVD player built in for just
> £300?

*jaw hits floor*

Blimey.
Sun 21/03/04 at 11:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well if all you people need to invest in a new tv, may I suggest TVRUS.com where I bought my beeeeeaaaaauuuuttttiiiiiful Samsung 28" Flat Widescreen with a DVD player built in for just £300?
Sun 21/03/04 at 11:17
"Majestic"
resident evil 4 looks stunning.
Sun 21/03/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I believe this is true, however Beyond Good and Evil used a Widescreen mode and it worked on my portable tv (which is a NTSC Beko 14inch) i believe if your TV has a Widescreen mode it will work! If i'm wrong it's stupid... Does anyone else agree that Resident Evil 4 looks a little arcadey now? and what does everyone think of humans taking over Zombies? i think it's even scarier...
Sun 21/03/04 at 09:03
Regular
One day I'll replace my box screen TV...possibly with another if I can find a decent inexpensive one.

Nothing against wide screen though - I'm just used to playing on a square screen with black lines top and bottom....
Sun 21/03/04 at 00:19
Regular
Its rubbish unless it requires some sort of high definition picture source or some crap. They may optimise the game to run on widescreens which sounds more like it but I fail to see how they could stop the game from running on standard 4:3 TV's. Not that I'm fussed though ;)
Sun 21/03/04 at 00:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Where did you hear this? It sounds slightly... off...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.