GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spectrum"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/03/04 at 10:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Has anyone got any information about this old console?

A link or just general knowledge would be great. I just wanted to remember the old console because I haven't used one in ages.

Anyone?

Cheers.
Sun 21/03/04 at 10:57
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Has anyone got any information about this old console?

A link or just general knowledge would be great. I just wanted to remember the old console because I haven't used one in ages.

Anyone?

Cheers.
Sun 21/03/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
www.planetemu.net get yourself some of the roms and the emulator.
Sun 21/03/04 at 14:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Thank you my good man.
Sun 21/03/04 at 18:43
Regular
Console?

sure was a great computer, but not a console, chester.

there are roms all over the net for them, I've got quite a few myself.

the old favourites such as
jet set willy
TLL (tornado low level)
lunar jetman
atic atac
sir fred
the hobbit
mooncresta
Sun 21/03/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I prefered the Amiga myself.
Sun 21/03/04 at 21:17
Regular
well so did I, but they are from two different eras. it's the same as comparing the N64 to the XBOX, or the PS1 to the PS2. Both are great in their own way.

If I had to choose an all time favourite platform it would indeed be the Amiga, very closely followed by the humble PC.

Consoles are great, but tend to be fickle and not very long lasting. I mean, they're already talking about the xbox2 when the original one is only a couple of years old.

still, that's the fast paced world of gaming technology for you.

I am very glad indeed that I was there to see it happen, from it's infancy to the impressive spectacle it is today.

The microchip is a marvellous thing.

*hugs microchip*
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Sadly I was not there to see it happen so I have to settle for roms although I did used play the amiga round a friends my personal favorate was either Simon The Sourcerer or Turrican damn they were mighty games.
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:34
Regular
yeah turrican was class. I still have an A1200 in my wardrobe, with tonnes of games.
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:48
"I love yo... lamp."
There were several Spectrums.

I had a +2 A and it was fantastic. Dick Tracy and Lotus Challenge were two of my favourite ever games.
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:51
Regular
My brother had a Spectrum ZX, I still remember playing Shinobi, Dizzy and Rambo after waiting ages for it to load.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.