GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Speed Tests"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 00:36
"T-Shirt Designs"
Hi there just got my freeola broadband activated today and so far i am very happy. Worked soon as i put username and password in, unlike AOL and BT Yahoo that i have had previously. Im on the 8mb tarriff 30/300 and i was just wondering what the upload speed is on this? any 1 got any idea is it 512? cos it says 476 in my router settings just wondering if this was correct?
Sun 08/04/07 at 15:29
Regular
It's probably the way max works (sorry if this has been already posted). It can use a system called interleaveing to increase stable download speed over low pings. If you want slightly slower broadband and a better ping, try asking freeola to remove the interleave.
Fri 26/01/07 at 19:47
"T-Shirt Designs"
well 60 is big though really for the proposed speed of the connection, i used to get liek 200 on 56k 35 on 2mb so not expecting 60 on 8mb. Yea there are loads of variables for it, sorting the config out and stuff which is all fine, but still 60 :( also got average ping for bbc.co.uk as 48 so how is mine higher than everyone elses?
Thu 25/01/07 at 19:31
Regular
I tried it and I got 29 but thats at night time when every one is on line.

Kev
Thu 25/01/07 at 19:07
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
A ping of 60 is hardly "massive".

If you put it in the context of CS (or any other game) then there are too many variables.
What's the result of typing:
ping bbc.co.uk
In a command prompt?

On my 2mbit connection on a good day I get ~14-15ms to bbc.co.uk.
Thu 25/01/07 at 14:28
"T-Shirt Designs"
when i am on counterstrike, my ping is massive especially for the connection speed. I was with BT 2mb with a 256 upload and was getting pings of about 34 on average. I have now swapped to freeola with a faster download speed and double the upload speed and my ping has also doubled to on average about 60. why is this? might there be something wrong with my connection or is freeola not very good for gaming?
Thu 25/01/07 at 14:22
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good Afternoon,

The general upload speed on the MAX connections is 448kbps. It may vary, however the upload speed is pretty much always stable (even when having download speed issues).
Thu 25/01/07 at 13:42
Regular
Hi
I just tested my speed just now and the results were as follows

Download was 7192kbps and up load was 329kbps

I am on the same tarrif as you but just be aware that the MAX tarrif the speeds will fluctuate depending on demand it goes up and down depending time of day etc

Kev
Thu 25/01/07 at 00:36
"T-Shirt Designs"
Hi there just got my freeola broadband activated today and so far i am very happy. Worked soon as i put username and password in, unlike AOL and BT Yahoo that i have had previously. Im on the 8mb tarriff 30/300 and i was just wondering what the upload speed is on this? any 1 got any idea is it 512? cos it says 476 in my router settings just wondering if this was correct?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.