GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Picked up Donkey Kong for the GBA yesterday...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Kong: King of Swing'.
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:02
Regular
Funking marvelous. Just as I remember it only with slightly sharper visuals and strengely enough better audio. Only played it for about 1 hour so far but am enjoying it just as much as I did back in the days of the Snez. Outside of Mario Sunshine it puts all the modern platform games to shame.

Loving it!
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:45
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> And then Donkey Kong 64 came out and SUCKED!
>
> :-D

WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much collecting.

Banjo and Conker are Rare's best 3D platformers... and Conker's more a mix.
Sun 21/03/04 at 23:35
Regular
In the original he was the best!

A REALLY fast throw (throws actually DID something in that game) and that wind-up punch could take out all 3 opponents in one go if you got the time right.

After Melee, the original is too slow to enjoy but I'll never enjoy Melee like I enjoyed the N64 classic. The same game is never as much fun the second time round.
Sun 21/03/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
In melee Dk is crap apart from his ground pound. So far my fovarate is Marth.
Sun 21/03/04 at 23:20
Regular
And then Donkey Kong 64 came out and SUCKED!

:-D

But Donkey Kong ruled in Smash Brothers. Joint best character with Link and Samus. Wasn't that good in Melee though.
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:16
Regular
Donkey Kong Country is the single reason I'm a Nintendo fan boy.

When asked "Do you want an N64 or Playstation chris" I replied "Nintendo are the ones with Donkey Kong".
Sun 21/03/04 at 22:02
Regular
Funking marvelous. Just as I remember it only with slightly sharper visuals and strengely enough better audio. Only played it for about 1 hour so far but am enjoying it just as much as I did back in the days of the Snez. Outside of Mario Sunshine it puts all the modern platform games to shame.

Loving it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.