GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Strange Things In Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 00:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
We've probably all seen it while playing our games, something happens that just doesn't make any sense when you compare what's happened in the game to what would happen if it was for real. Whether it just be an oversight while telling the story

(eg, in Final Fantasy 7 while in Shinra mansion and searching for the safe combination for the last clue Cloud says something is written in invisible ink, then proceeds to read it without any lasers or anything. That's quite some eye sight he's got)

or because of the technological limitations the system has which the game is being played on.

(eg, Why exactly is it in Resident Evil a rocket launcher blast to a wooden door doesn't budge it a single inch yet if you put 2 medals in a statue it slides right open?)

So let's see how many strange things, that don't make any sense, we can come up with that happen in our games.

I'll add another one to get the topic going again from FF7

After Cloud falls off the Sector 7 reactor and plummets a good height down exactly how does falling through a church and onto a bed of flowers stop him from at least breaking some bones? Those are some pretty damn strong flowers i have to say
Mon 22/03/04 at 00:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
We've probably all seen it while playing our games, something happens that just doesn't make any sense when you compare what's happened in the game to what would happen if it was for real. Whether it just be an oversight while telling the story

(eg, in Final Fantasy 7 while in Shinra mansion and searching for the safe combination for the last clue Cloud says something is written in invisible ink, then proceeds to read it without any lasers or anything. That's quite some eye sight he's got)

or because of the technological limitations the system has which the game is being played on.

(eg, Why exactly is it in Resident Evil a rocket launcher blast to a wooden door doesn't budge it a single inch yet if you put 2 medals in a statue it slides right open?)

So let's see how many strange things, that don't make any sense, we can come up with that happen in our games.

I'll add another one to get the topic going again from FF7

After Cloud falls off the Sector 7 reactor and plummets a good height down exactly how does falling through a church and onto a bed of flowers stop him from at least breaking some bones? Those are some pretty damn strong flowers i have to say
Mon 22/03/04 at 06:49
Regular
This is an obvious one that I still can't understand why Polyphony haven't rectified - car damage.

Turning your car around, bombing the other way around the track and ploughing head-on into the first-place car. What happens? You both stop. Your cars don't get mangled, they don't become inoperable, you don't die.

Surely if PGR2 can include realtime damage on all the prestige brands, Gran Turismo have no excuse?! Maybe they're saving the space for the 100+ useless cars we won't ever need (even then, PGR2 has over 100 cars AND 100+ tracks). GT has no excuse now - they're just being lazy. Real Driving Simulator my árse - watch me drive 200mph head on into oncoming traffic and survive to finish the race!
Mon 22/03/04 at 15:55
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Oh, FFS....
Mon 22/03/04 at 16:50
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
what does spidermans webs stick to when hes swinging?
Tue 23/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Squall wrote:
> what does spidermans webs stick to when hes swinging?

Er... The Clouds?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Time Up"
How does Tidus breath underwater ??!!
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
"Time Up"
Also in all video games how can you be shot with bullets, the character shakes for a split of a second, then you just keep playing and all what happens is that your health meter gets a little bit diminished ?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:30
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Cusack wrote:
> How does Tidus breath underwater ??!!

Er... he has gils?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Time Up"
In Tekken there are those really cool moves that seem to crack the opponent or twist their bones or crack their vertebral column, then they fall and get up and keep fighting as if nothing happened ?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:33
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Cusack wrote:
> In Tekken there are those really cool moves that seem to crack the
> opponent or twist their bones or crack their vertebral column, then
> they fall and get up and keep fighting as if nothing happened ?

Er... they are superhuman?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.