GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can u believe it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/03/04 at 08:22
Regular
"go madrid"
u know the xbox 2 and all u games for ur xbox. u cant play xbox games on xbox2!!!! (shock!
Tue 23/03/04 at 19:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'm guilty of piracy.

I don't sell on games or anything like that, but quite often I'll download ripped versions and play them for a while.

If I like them, more often than not I'll buy them sooner or later. Like an extended 'try before you buy' policy.

It may be illegal, but it satisfies my shady personal morals...

[Although I will point out I've never been involved in any way with console game piracy.]
Tue 23/03/04 at 09:57
Regular
If the rumours are true, the reason would almost certainly be because of the amount of pirates who chip their consoles to copy games onto the hard drive.

This allows people to get games for free.

So who's to blame?

You! (the pirates that is...I would mention names on here but I'd probably start off another world war).
Tue 23/03/04 at 07:38
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> The last rumor i heard was that it wont come with a built hardrive.

This is probably the most worrying rumour out there. MS would be crazy not to include a HDD. They don't have to go all-out and include a crazy 100-200Gb unit, a 10-30Gb should suffice (thinking about the potential size of next-gen games, 8Gb may not cut it).
Tue 23/03/04 at 07:36
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Seriously though, who cares?

I know it's not really a big deal, but going back to classics like Halo/Halo 2 and the like would make it a lot more convenient than having to buy another Xbox 1. Since the PS2 did it, everyone expects every other console to do it.

True, it hardly ever gets used, but it's for convenience. It's up to Microsoft to decide wether that is reason enough to go to the trouble of implementing it.
Tue 23/03/04 at 07:31
Regular
": ("
The last rumor i heard was that it wont come with a built hardrive.
Mon 22/03/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Remember me?"
You could play Master System games on a Mega Drive (and a Game Gear) if you had the adapter thing.
Mon 22/03/04 at 22:32
"I love yo... lamp."
Seriously though, who cares? We survived not being able to play Master System games on the Mega Drive, Mega Drive games on the Saturn, Saturn games on the Dreamcast. In fact, really, the PS2 was the first to bring about backwards compatability and it is not something most people use.
Mon 22/03/04 at 11:02
Regular
Since that hasn't been confirmed nor denied, why should we believe you?

The last rumour was that there would be no backwards compatibility due to a different processor/graphics type (or something like that), but there was also a rumour that Microsoft would develop an Xbox emulator to build into the Xbox2 so that the games could be played.

No-one knows for sure yet, we'll just have to wait and see.
Mon 22/03/04 at 08:22
Regular
"go madrid"
u know the xbox 2 and all u games for ur xbox. u cant play xbox games on xbox2!!!! (shock!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.