GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yahoo/BT email issue."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/01/10 at 18:58
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I've just had someone ask me it your Status Message from December is still valid.

Their concern was with BT accounts.
I've just managed to setup email forwarding to a Yahoo account and things seemed to work fine.

I don't have direct access to BT email so any update would be appreciated as I can't easily test this.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Status Page:
Forwarding to Yahoo and BT e-mail addresses 14/12/09 2:46 PM:

We have been informed by users that forwarding to Yahoo or BT e-mail addresses currently does not seem to be operational. This is likely down to the servers that run the mail for these providers placing a temporary block on our forwarding server. From time to time we find ourselves on this list due to these servers automatically flagging us up as sending bulk mail.

We are taking action to try as resolve this block as quickly as possible but, in the meantime, we advise picking up your messages directly rather than forwarding to Yahoo or BT addresses.
Mon 08/02/10 at 08:37
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi Roz,

No don't worry. All of our e-mail accounts are POP3 accounts, most desktop e-mail programs such as Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird and Mail for Mac will support these types of accounts. To find out what program you have, try looking through the list of programs on your computer, or post back here with some information about your computer.

Once you have discovered what e-mail program your using, take a look at the E-mail Support pages, these pages will give you guides for setting up your e-mail address.

Also remember that if you have E-mail Freedom, you will have our Webmail service which means you can view your messages through an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, or Safari.

I personally feel that picking your messages up from us is the most reliable way to receive your mail, as you avoid issues where are forwarding server is marked as spam.
Sun 07/02/10 at 23:45
Regular
A daft question possibly, but how do we pick up the email directly if not through Yahoo! or BT?
Fri 05/02/10 at 18:32
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
We get responses, however as you imagine these are pretty much automated wanting details from us. Whether this resolved the issue or not I am not certain!

The reason I perhaps edit my posts frequently is because I have thought of a better way to say something, if that's what your getting at!

=[
Fri 05/02/10 at 18:27
"Are you sure?"
motomoto wrote:
> We contacted this provider a few times in regards to this...

Thanks for that.
Just for interest - did you get a reply?

It would be nice to think that UK ISP's are able to communicate with each other with technical problems.

NB. Re. Forum:
It would be nice if there was a preview option before posting to give people a chance to pick up typos ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 18:19
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
The action that we try to take is to contact these ISP's and ensure that they know that we operate E-mail Forwarding. Once they know this, then they should also know that our forwarding server is sending messages on as per the user's request, which hopefully will mean that they don't block us :).

We contacted this provider a few times in regards to this, but due to the nature of forwarding, any ISP could decide to block our forwarding server as spam at any time I'm afraid. Our tests show that forwarding BT and Yahoo is working correctly.

=]
Fri 05/02/10 at 18:11
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> I'll remove it now.

...Only if you are satisfied the problem has been resolved! :¬P

On the 14th December 'you' mentioned you were taking action to resolve it - hopefully this was successful?!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Is there ever a good day to remind me to do anything these days? :(

I'll remove it now.
Fri 05/02/10 at 16:17
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> ...so I will talk to a few others and see if it can be fully removed.

Seems like a good day to *bump* this :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 27/01/10 at 19:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We believe it to be resolved however as with all situations like this it is quite difficult to be 100%. We have left the message up as an advisory.

Have had no users supporting the issue however, so I will talk to a few others and see if it can be fully removed.
Wed 27/01/10 at 18:58
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I've just had someone ask me it your Status Message from December is still valid.

Their concern was with BT accounts.
I've just managed to setup email forwarding to a Yahoo account and things seemed to work fine.

I don't have direct access to BT email so any update would be appreciated as I can't easily test this.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Status Page:
Forwarding to Yahoo and BT e-mail addresses 14/12/09 2:46 PM:

We have been informed by users that forwarding to Yahoo or BT e-mail addresses currently does not seem to be operational. This is likely down to the servers that run the mail for these providers placing a temporary block on our forwarding server. From time to time we find ourselves on this list due to these servers automatically flagging us up as sending bulk mail.

We are taking action to try as resolve this block as quickly as possible but, in the meantime, we advise picking up your messages directly rather than forwarding to Yahoo or BT addresses.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.