GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV Programs and Movies turned into games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/03/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Green & White Army"
A lot of these games are alright but most of the time they are cheap pathetic cash-ins (I'm looking at Charlies Angels and Finding Nemo). Do you think there should be more originality in future games?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Green & White Army"
A lot of these games are alright but most of the time they are cheap pathetic cash-ins (I'm looking at Charlies Angels and Finding Nemo). Do you think there should be more originality in future games?
Tue 23/03/04 at 18:26
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
KOPKING wrote:

> Do you think there should be more originality in future games?

Yes.
Wed 24/03/04 at 03:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There should be a law banning games developers from making games from tv programs or movies, 9 times out of 10 they're crap and take up valuable shelf space away from actual good games.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
But some work out, like the simpsons.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
This is one of the things I don't like about the PS2. Whenever a movie tie-in is made, the PS2 is the first console the developers target due to it's popularity, unforunately this means the PS2 gets littered with below average games.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:56
Regular
Developers of film and television games need to connect with the subject matter. If you're passionate about something, chances are you'll make a real go of it and do it properly - incorporating everything you feel is great about the respective franchise. However, if a company is comissioned to make a game to be released alongside a film (e.g. Bad Boys II) so that the production companies can earn extra cash, all that's behind it will be a ploy for some easy money and therefore the result will be a sub-standard game.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:58
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
UNITEDLEGENDS159 wrote:
> But some work out, like the simpsons.

And the Thing and The Lord of the Rings and Rocky etc.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Starsky and Hutch was actually quite good too, and yes, I would say Rocky is the best movie tie-in that I've played.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Lou Role wrote:
> Starsky and Hutch was actually quite good too, and yes, I would say
> Rocky is the best movie tie-in that I've played.

Wasn't Starsky and Hutch released ages before the film was? That means it wasn't based on a movie.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If anything it's more to do with the fact that the games developers have so much pressure on them to get a game out within a certain amount of time they don't have the time to take care over their product and have to just ship out whatever they've come up with by the time the movie has come out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.