GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"cartoons nowadays"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/07/01 at 21:59
Regular
over the past few days i have been watching CITV and CBBC(for the first time a ages)i was expecting to see entertaining action packed cartoons but what was confronted with?? some polar bear on a floating island!!! and today some "fantastic journey"on a ballon! what has happened to the cartoons that actually keep you watching right to the end?the quality of the cartoons has also dropped like a rock in a pond,they look like a blind chimp has drawn them,the voice overs are awful and most of the toons are french!

i remember cartoons like X-Men,Re-Boot,Thundercats,He-Man and (best of all)Transformers where the storys could span over six or seven episodes with exciting cliffhangers between each of them but now kids are subjected cutsie cows and fluffy tigers discovering why its a good thing to try new things with our food?!

the closest thing to a good action cartoon today is Max Steel,but even in this not a single character dies,unlike in transformers we actualy see the leader of the GOODGUYS!(Octimus Prime) die.now i am not saying kids should be subjected to blood and guts but they definetly shouldnt be subjected to the crap on nowadays!

not only do the cartoons suck but the merchendise does too.
ThunderCats and transformers toys were some of the best toys ever made! i have hade mine for over ten years and are still in working condition unlike toys today which would break after five minuets!

i think it will be a long time before i watch CBBC or CITV again, they have shattered my trust in decent cartoons.
ok rant over i'm off to rummage through my videos to try find some good toons!

-Myst1que-
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:17
Regular
ok but still when i was eight the cartoons back then were never this bad
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Probably also has something to do with you (and I'm guessing here) being around twice the age of their target market.
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:14
Regular
yeah the new x-men is awaful!
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:08
the undenied king of cartoons is MASK...

i've still got all of my MASK toys in a cardboard box in my wardrobe!!!

Matt Tracker!
Miles Mayhem!
I remember all the names!

you are right though...cartoons today are crap! Compare Gadget Boy to Inspector Gadget. Gadget Boy looks really poorly made and poorly written compared to the classic 80's cartoon.
There's just no passion or feeling put into cartoons nowadays...stories used to be powerful and affected you. The only cartoon that I would go out of my way to see is the new X-Men series but that isn't a patch on the older series.
Tue 31/07/01 at 21:59
Regular
over the past few days i have been watching CITV and CBBC(for the first time a ages)i was expecting to see entertaining action packed cartoons but what was confronted with?? some polar bear on a floating island!!! and today some "fantastic journey"on a ballon! what has happened to the cartoons that actually keep you watching right to the end?the quality of the cartoons has also dropped like a rock in a pond,they look like a blind chimp has drawn them,the voice overs are awful and most of the toons are french!

i remember cartoons like X-Men,Re-Boot,Thundercats,He-Man and (best of all)Transformers where the storys could span over six or seven episodes with exciting cliffhangers between each of them but now kids are subjected cutsie cows and fluffy tigers discovering why its a good thing to try new things with our food?!

the closest thing to a good action cartoon today is Max Steel,but even in this not a single character dies,unlike in transformers we actualy see the leader of the GOODGUYS!(Octimus Prime) die.now i am not saying kids should be subjected to blood and guts but they definetly shouldnt be subjected to the crap on nowadays!

not only do the cartoons suck but the merchendise does too.
ThunderCats and transformers toys were some of the best toys ever made! i have hade mine for over ten years and are still in working condition unlike toys today which would break after five minuets!

i think it will be a long time before i watch CBBC or CITV again, they have shattered my trust in decent cartoons.
ok rant over i'm off to rummage through my videos to try find some good toons!

-Myst1que-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.