GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've just completed... Deus Ex"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deux Ex'.
Wed 24/03/04 at 18:38
Regular
Superb game in every sense, despite a few niggles here and there with the frame rate suffering due to it being the PS2 version. Yet the glorious freeform gameplay, incredible storyline and intricate RPG dynamics severly outweigh this to give a 10/10 game that is the second best I've ever played.

The level of depth is astounding. You can choose a stealthy or action-based approach, where to go, what to do, who to trust and practically everything else. There's a multitude of side quests everywhere you go, and huge room for exploration whether you're breaking into apartments for cash or food, or sneaking into shops in the dead of the night on a Hong Kong street.

The storyline sees you, JC Denton, attempting to crack a global conspiracy concerning a deadly plague and a corrupt government. I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it, but the sheer substance to the story and extent of the character development are superb for a game - you'd be impressed to see it in a film. Surprising twists, and lots of little touches make even the smallest things immensely satisfying.

I really suggest that anyone who hasn't played this does - and not for just half an hour round a mate's house. It's an epic and deserves to be played as such. For me, it's the best game on the PS2 and superior to its successor, Invisible War (Xbox and PC). While the conversion from PC wasn't great for the frame rate, it's been altered to a more accessable style that's easier to pick up and play.

Get it!
Fri 26/03/04 at 19:03
Regular
It was just like the opening scene - it basically showed you that by choosing to rule in secrecy you had become the exact people you were trying to stop. While I managed to figure that out before hand (and so chose the Dark Ages ending), it makes a pertinent point that there is no good conspiracy.
Fri 26/03/04 at 18:54
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

>
> The Illuminati ending really made you think.

It did? The only thing I remember now of the name is old evil men in search for power, and Angelina Jolie (it was in the tomb raider film thingy)
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:52
Regular
I thought they were all really good - a bit short, but rather thought provoking and satisfying in retrospect.

The Illuminati ending really made you think.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:59
Regular
No, I went with the Illuminati at first. Then I chose Tong's ending, then the merging with the AI. That ending was pretty lame anyway.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Let me guess your the intergrate with a computer type yes?
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:30
Regular
I completed it Summer 2002.
Thu 25/03/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
True Maverick and I dont even post in this forum often.
Thu 25/03/04 at 18:18
Regular
Oh come on...

This is saddening. Out of all the people who post in the PS2 forum, only three of us can appreciate Deus Ex? My faith in humanity dwindles.
Wed 24/03/04 at 22:02
Regular
I was very pleased to be rewarded with an FMV at the end of the game.

Very nice.
Wed 24/03/04 at 21:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah it's a freakin awesome game...i think i've played through start to finish about 3 times. wouldn't give it a 10 but it was very enjoyable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.