GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*clutches ghoulies*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Project Gotham Racing 2'.
Thu 25/03/04 at 08:59
Regular
Remember playing the Grabbed by the Ghoulies demo on PGR2 and thinking how awful it was?

That's what I thought, for a good three months in fact. Then my brother decided he wanted a quick go on it and it turns out it's not as bad I first thought. It's shallow on a horrible level, yes, but there is some variation in the form of different weapons, and there's some classic Rare humour tucked away in there, as well a lot of a fun to be had by destroying room after room.

Anyhoo, my brother got the full game for £20 and you know what? It isn't bad, for that price anyway. My first thought when playing the demo was it's a complete load of crap, but I thought the same about SabreWulf, until I got a little further and it turned into a right beast.

It'll get very repetitive soon, but it's a nice little destructive beat-'em-up, even though it is far from Rare's previous form.

Feel free to call me a nobtard with no taste in game.
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:02
Regular
Yes, but that doesn't mean its anything like it. Past the presentation they're completely different.
Fri 26/03/04 at 00:16
Regular
"8==="
That IS Rare's take though. It's like DK64 was nothing like Mario 64 but it was inspired by it.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:19
Regular
It's nothing like Luigi's Mansion. At all. Reminds me mroe of the old 2D, side-scrollign beat-'em-ups, only in 3D.

Some of the recent challenges have actually been really tough... not quite as shallow as you might think. But still very shallow nonetheless.
Thu 25/03/04 at 17:26
Regular
"8==="
It seems to be Rare's take on Luigi's mansion since they're so fond of ripping off Nintendo ideas/scenarios/engines you name it.

I think I'd get more fun out of Midways greatest arcade hits which is currently retailing for 12.95.
Thu 25/03/04 at 09:28
Regular
Oh, and it makes for endless jokes. Normally bad ones. But endless.

*clutches ghoulies*
Thu 25/03/04 at 09:27
Regular
The combat system actually works pretty well once you get used to it, although moving around can be a little awkward.

It does have it moments, and at times quite a challenge. Like I said, you need to play a bit to really enjoy it.
Thu 25/03/04 at 09:02
Regular
You nobtard. You have no taste in games.

:P

Well at least someone likes it anyway. I can't stand it - it didn't really appeal to me anyway, regardless of the fact it was from Rare.

I'll take Splinter Cell 2, thanks.
Thu 25/03/04 at 09:01
Regular
It's utter balls.

The combat system sucks and the game's just horrible.
Thu 25/03/04 at 08:59
Regular
Remember playing the Grabbed by the Ghoulies demo on PGR2 and thinking how awful it was?

That's what I thought, for a good three months in fact. Then my brother decided he wanted a quick go on it and it turns out it's not as bad I first thought. It's shallow on a horrible level, yes, but there is some variation in the form of different weapons, and there's some classic Rare humour tucked away in there, as well a lot of a fun to be had by destroying room after room.

Anyhoo, my brother got the full game for £20 and you know what? It isn't bad, for that price anyway. My first thought when playing the demo was it's a complete load of crap, but I thought the same about SabreWulf, until I got a little further and it turned into a right beast.

It'll get very repetitive soon, but it's a nice little destructive beat-'em-up, even though it is far from Rare's previous form.

Feel free to call me a nobtard with no taste in game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.