GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear: Twin Snakes thread..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes'.
Thu 25/03/04 at 17:54
Regular
Just picked it up tonight. Not played it much yet, am going to take mon petite chien on a walk and then I will come back and sit down and play it. Try and keep all the shiznits about the game in here.

I will start it off on a positvie note,the graphics look extremely sweet and the new opening cut scene was extremely well dirtected.
Sat 27/03/04 at 22:19
"Majestic"
Well thanks for your Twin snakes insight, I think I'll buy this game with my cube next weekend. I never played the original so this should be great for the likes of me :)

[I]:D thanks again you've made my Dave.
Sat 27/03/04 at 20:21
Regular
Must add about the new theme tune. I'm very impressed, the classic Metal Gear tune is there when you get spotted and when guards clear a room in evasion mode but the new one has a much more SAS feel about it rather than a classical thought provoking tune. Both work superbly but to be honest the change is welcomed, although never let it be said that the opening tune to Metal Gear Solid 2 should be changed because I will personally shoot the biznitch who says that ;)

I thought it would be like replacing the Gladiator themes with some drum and bass but they have done an excellent job at picking a decent theme and a good soundtrack for the game.

One last thing, anyone bothered watching the extra briefings before you start the game? The ones where you can switch the camera? I thourouyghly enjoyed watching through them as well despite knowing the nitty gritty information about the mission etc. Still its a welcomed and extremely nice addition to an already superb game.

Now all we need is Silicon Knights to get hold of the sequel and to scrap 90% of 'The Big Shell' sections!
Sat 27/03/04 at 20:15
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> I don't want to mess around with freeloader, I want to put the disc
> in the Cube and play, it's well worth paying extra for that in my
> opinion as I have no interest in importing anything else.

I'd agree, which is why I'm considering selling my NTSC copy and Action Replay and grabbing the PAL version. It sounds stupid, but having to use the freeloader is almost like a barrier. Being able to just put it in the machine makes it much more accessable.
Sat 27/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
Just a quick post.

This is quite simply the best reason to own a Cube.

Now I agree with Darwock's comment about the difficulty although its no easier than the original, all the Metal Gear games have been a little on the easy side to be honest. I am playing through on Hard to make the items etc a bit rarer to pick up.

Start off with the visual presentation and the new sound track. The visuals are top notch, certainly of a Metal Gear solid 2 quality with some of the visual presentation in cut scenes surpassing that of the sequel. Audio wise the Pro Logic track is decent but the fact that its a stereo mix its difficult to rave about it, certainly one of the best tracks from the Cube though and as usual Konami have pushed the boat out with both of the technical sides of the game.

The cut scenes though are clearly where the most work was put in which is fitting for a remake which wanted to try and improve on a game already busting with unbelievable quality. If anyone cares to disagree that the cut scenes aren't absolutely funking amazing then please do, I think I even heard Mr. PS2 himself commenting on how awesome they are. The cameras has been modified along with the majority of what happens in the sut scenes to make them truly mind blowing to watch. The first Revolver Ocelot/Snake/Ninja scene is a particular favourite due to the cinematics and art work on show, not to mention the fancy new acrobatics and gun play involved.

Much of the gameplay remains exactly the same only with the additions of the Metal Gear Solid 2 moves which are a welcomed and great addition to the remake. They do make certain situations easier to cope with, for example the first person view can now be used to shoot the guard lights out near the opening and it can also be used to spot gun camera placements which were there in the original but frustratingly difficult to see when the radar jams or if you are playing with it switched off.

So yes, played it a fair bit today and it is Metal Gear Solid + more which is hardly going to surprise the majority of you.

Silicon Knights once again impress and surpass my expectations, where hype spoilt MGS2, hype and all that added pressue I put on the release of this hasn't spoilt whats on show.

If anyone would care to point me in the direction of Silicon Knights' next project I would be very interested.

Other than that the only thing I have to say is Fanfunkingtastic!
Sat 27/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
"Whatever!"
Didnt bloody well get it today either, cant believe it. Im well annoyed, made plans to spend the week end playing it. Now I'll have to wait till Monday at the earliest
Sat 27/03/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> PAL? So it's an Australian copy?
>
> Hmm. D'you have any ideas how much NTSC copies go for on eBay?

Yup, Australian. NTSC ones average about £15, but then you need a freeloader as well, which is about £10.

I don't want to mess around with freeloader, I want to put the disc in the Cube and play, it's well worth paying extra for that in my opinion as I have no interest in importing anything else.
Sat 27/03/04 at 10:58
Regular
PAL? So it's an Australian copy?

Hmm. D'you have any ideas how much NTSC copies go for on eBay?
Sat 27/03/04 at 10:56
"Majestic"
Belldandy wrote:
> Even so, with PAL second hand copies going for close to £50 it's
> still better than buying off of eBay.

Thats true. Well if you could let us know what happens that would be great mate- thanks.
Sat 27/03/04 at 09:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Disco Dexy wrote:
> Did you have to pay any import duties on it?
>
> Or don't you know yet?

Hasn't got here yet, shipped out on Thursday, they reckon 5-7 days to arrive...so next week probably. I'll post here when it arrives. Even so, with PAL second hand copies going for close to £50 it's still better than buying off of eBay.
Fri 26/03/04 at 20:58
"Majestic"
Did you have to pay any import duties on it?

Or don't you know yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.