GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half Life 2'.
Sat 27/03/04 at 00:08
Regular
"SolidSnakeSoner"
Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Still waiting for Half-Life 2? Think how long you'll be waiting until Half-Life 3 then, which has officially been confirmed.
Well, it was inevitable really. Anyone who thought Valve would sit contented upon their stacks of cash after releasing Half-Life 2 must have the business sense of Nick Leeson. In an interview with Swedish magazine Gamereactor, Valve CEO Gabe Newell admitted that he had already begun planning a third Half-Life title which may well feature HL2's Alyx as a playable character. Newell also stated that Half-Life 3 would focus more on the reasons behind the alien attacks, rather than the attacks themselves.

Newell will no doubt be disgruntled that Gamereactor have broken their non-disclosure agreement and gone public on Half-Life 3, especially seeing as Valve are going hell for leather to get number 2 on the shelves this year - the last thing they need is for people to look too far over the horizon. Gabe's been a busy boy on the interview circuit recently, claiming that $40m had already been spent on Half-Life 2 and that the game is mere 'months' away from release.

Newell also elaborated on the company's own Steam distribution service, which will allow paying customers to download Half-Life 2 upon release (even slightly earlier), and will upgrade your version of the game automatically whenever new hardware is detected. It's all sounding very swish, but the only words we want to hear out of Newell's mouth at the moment are the game's final UK release date (oh, how silly that September 30th 2003 date must look now).

Still, Half-Life 2 will be on show at E3 in but a few short weeks, and you can count on a wealth of new information being released from the expo floor, although we're guessing Half-Life 3 won't be too high on the agenda.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:00
Regular
Don't bother with online retailers now, they've all sold out.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:59
Regular
Bought it off ebay, finally got one selling it for under £50.
Fri 02/04/04 at 14:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Icaruss wrote:
> Gah, I was about to order from them but they only accept credit card.

It seems like they've gone out of stock again ?!?! this seems to be dragging on, I'll e-mail them and ask when the expect they'll get it back in stock, I may cancel it if they say "don't know" and just buy the normal edition instead. I'm tired of waiting.
Wed 31/03/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
sleepytom wrote:
> If ur heard of bittorrent why are you waitin 4 the game 2 cum out ?

Because I am not attracted to Beta and forgeries. Plus, I can spell properly, unlike you.
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:21
Regular
Gah, I was about to order from them but they only accept credit card.
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Icaruss wrote:
> CIPRO!!! Have you got UT2004 SE yet?

Not yet I'm afraid, I cancelled my order with Import Madness and went to DVD Box Office instead, trouble is I ordered it just as they went out of stock. It looks as if they've re-stocked it now though, but still no confirmation that my order has been processed.

Hopefully it'll be sent out to me in the next few days and I'll finally be able to play it.
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:02
Regular
CIPRO!!! Have you got UT2004 SE yet?
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
sleepytom wrote:

Because the game hasn't been completed numb nuts.
Wed 31/03/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
sleepytom wrote:

Because its not even out, not even on BT. The hacked Beta may be but thats it.
Wed 31/03/04 at 16:04
Regular
"TRobbins"
If ur heard of bittorrent why are you waitin 4 the game 2 cum out ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.