GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/03/04 at 02:53
Regular
Twin Snakes or Harvest Moon?
I'm a bit worried about Twin Snakes replay value but I haven't played the original so I'm new to it.
With Harvest Moon I don't know if i'll like it or not.. but it seems it lasts alot longer than Twin Snakes.
No doubt they are probably 2 great games but it has me tearing my hair out!
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:41
Regular
You talkin' to me?

There's no one else who's name ends with a "fio" so you MUST be talking to me! Even if you can't spell my name! :-P

Anysway. :-)

The reason you were so desperate for your MGS is because the first one blew you away. But now you're experienced with that game so you'll have pretty much seen most of it before now.

On the other hand, you're (well you MIGHT be... if you HAVE played a Harvest Moon then I'm WAY off the mark here! ;-D) yet to experience the true delight of the Harvest Moon series, and to be blown away by that.

Do you see? :-)
Mon 29/03/04 at 16:47
Regular
Starfio, it would have taken a german female prison guard with her bristly testicles to pull me away from Twin Snakes in the shop.
Mon 29/03/04 at 10:46
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Well play the first two against friends and they become good fun. You
> haven't played XIII on Live so that's that element sorted and Blood
> Rayne's good: there's little more than needs to be said on it than
> that.

I've tried to play XIII on multiplayer but really, I hate it. When I've TimeSplitters 2 sitting on my shelf, I see no point to use it; it may have depth, but that's something you don't need in multiplayer, just fluid controls, frantic actions and great level design (which it must be said, XIII has, but just falls short in the pick-up-'n'-play aspect).

I can imagine it may be fun on Live with 16 players who have already completed it, but my friends thought it was utter balls, and I agree in a multiplayer sense. Now TS2 online.... THAT would rock.

As for Cel Damage, it may be fun but I don't seewhy you'd want to play that when you could play Mario Kart, Burnout, Super Monkey Ball, 1080, TS2... and other brilliant multiplayer games on the market. When I've got a couple of mates around, I normally opt for the best games I have, then sometimes we play another couple, but never go onto the alright ones in multiplayer, there's no real point.

From what I've seen of BloodRayne it's a shallow hack and slash title with dull surroundings and bouncy chest effects. My first impression could be wrong, but from reviews it's pretty awful too. Harvest Moon, though, is absolute genius. It's my first HM game and I have to say, it makes me want to return to the old classics just to see how different they are. It's one of those games that have you saying you'll turn it off in a second, then there'll be something else you want to see. It's hardly action-packed, but it's great fun keeping your cattle happy, harvesting crops and trying desperately to get a wife. More so than you could ever imagine. You'd be missing out if you didn't try it.
Sun 28/03/04 at 23:30
Regular
Bloodrayne was quite fun for what it was, but Max Payne was a lot better, in my humble opinion. :-)

However, I'd wouldn't rate either much higher than average.

When it comes to Harvest Moon Vs MGS, there is no better, only prefered style. Ironically, if you're an MGS I'd recommend Harvest Moon, and if you're a Harvest Moon fan then I'd recommend MGS, so you get a taste of something different (which is when your mind get's blown, like when you played your first Harvest Moon/MGS).

I've touched the predecessors of each one, but not REALLY played them.

But, as my brother was willing to pay half for Harvest Moon, that's what's on the way. If it had been ALL my choice...

... I probably would've opted for F-Zero, Worms 3D or maybe Dragon Ball Z! ;-D
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:30
Regular
Blood Rayne is flawed, as much as you enjoy it the game itself is drastically average.

Metal Gear on the other hand is damn near perfection.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
"8==="
Rickoss wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah like I'm going to take advice from you.
>
> Cel Damage, XIII mulitplayer, BloodRayne.. Yeah, okay ;-)

Well play the first two against friends and they become good fun. You haven't played XIII on Live so that's that element sorted and Blood Rayne's good: there's little more than needs to be said on it than that.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:26
Regular
"8==="
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Blood Rayne's fine and it doesn't adjus**t the difficulty once you've
> taken a battering unlike your beloved Max Payne.

But you are mising the point, Max Payne is decent, Blood Rayne is sh*t.

Oh and the difficulty settings on Max Payne are supluss, its jus**t such an awesome game it doesn't need anything other than a classically cheesy s**tory and the bes**t action sequences out of any game ever.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah like I'm going to take advice from you.

Cel Damage, XIII mulitplayer, BloodRayne.. Yeah, okay ;-)

> Didn't enjoy metal gear solid two much and I won't enjoy harvest
> moon.

How? I'm not gonna bother with MGS because the first is pretty much crap, but Harvest Moon is genius. At the moment (after about 10 hours play), it's one of the best games I've played. Ever. Don't fob it off just because it looks boring, it's one of the most addictive games ever, i'm wholely satisfying at the same time.
Sun 28/03/04 at 18:58
Regular
"8==="
Blood Rayne's fine and it doesn't adjust the difficulty once you've taken a battering unlike your beloved Max Payne.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.