GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And now for the annoying bits...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Sun 28/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
Some annoying things about splinter cell 2:

(Multi:) The way no matter how quiet and stealthy you are and the amount of gas you throw in a mercs face, they ALWAYS hold down the trigger and kill you.

(Multi:) The way 'mercs' ALWAYS turn around when you about to grab them.

(Multi:) The whole stinking optimatch

(Single:) Sam fisher is a slow-ass bizzatch. MOVE IT SOLDIER! etc.

(Multi:) No kill feature on the gun.

(Single:) And on the subject of guns, why the hell do they waste money on giving 'Fisher a damn gun and bullets.

(Multi:) There's always the cocky American who wants to make the teams unfair so he can be on the spies, so then one of the spies who were there first have to move to the 'mercs'.

(Multi:) a Co-op vs. A.I. would have been pretty tasty.

(Multi:) No knife ;)

There's my little rant, feel free to add to the list. But just thought I'd add the good points out weigh the bad points.
Sun 28/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
Some annoying things about splinter cell 2:

(Multi:) The way no matter how quiet and stealthy you are and the amount of gas you throw in a mercs face, they ALWAYS hold down the trigger and kill you.

(Multi:) The way 'mercs' ALWAYS turn around when you about to grab them.

(Multi:) The whole stinking optimatch

(Single:) Sam fisher is a slow-ass bizzatch. MOVE IT SOLDIER! etc.

(Multi:) No kill feature on the gun.

(Single:) And on the subject of guns, why the hell do they waste money on giving 'Fisher a damn gun and bullets.

(Multi:) There's always the cocky American who wants to make the teams unfair so he can be on the spies, so then one of the spies who were there first have to move to the 'mercs'.

(Multi:) a Co-op vs. A.I. would have been pretty tasty.

(Multi:) No knife ;)

There's my little rant, feel free to add to the list. But just thought I'd add the good points out weigh the bad points.
Sun 28/03/04 at 16:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
A few of the maps really do need an extra player or 2.

And the fact that the spies should at least have a pistol.
Sun 28/03/04 at 16:58
Regular
Played the PC multiplayer demo today and wasn't all that impressed. It is definitley addicitve but it feels a little disjointed and removed from the main game. I will continue to play it before I get LIVE again and seeing as this will probably be the main LIVE game for a while I will end up getting it so that every time I turn my Xbox on I at least have a game that others play for the majority of the time.
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Remember me?"
The fact that hardly anyone on my Friends list will play anything other than Pandora Tomorrow cheeses me off muchly. I've got 10 other Live games, and no one on my Friends list is ever playing any of them.

Thank God for Edgy. ^_^
Sun 28/03/04 at 17:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm on Carve. Don't forget me.

I am your slave.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:13
Regular
"8==="
If the spies had anything lethal in projectile form the game wouldn't work, you'd just line-up headshots from the shadows all the time.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
Creepy wrote:
> Some annoying things about splinter cell 2:
>
> (Multi:) The way no matter how quiet and stealthy you are and the
> amount of gas you throw in a mercs face, they ALWAYS hold down
> the trigger and kill you.

Probably because they're running backwards firing.
>
> (Multi:) The way 'mercs' ALWAYS turn around when you about to
> grab them.

I have a sense for these things, my mind goes 'if I were the spy I'd sneak up ... NOW *turns round and wastes spy*.
>
> (Multi:) The whole stinking optimatch

Yep, it's a busy game with limited players per game. Best to host.
>
> (Single:) Sam fisher is a slow-ass bizzatch. MOVE IT SOLDIER! etc.

Haven't got onto single player yet.
>
> (Multi:) No kill feature on the gun.

Already explained in post below.
>
> (Single:) And on the subject of guns, why the hell do they waste
> money on giving 'Fisher a damn gun and bullets.

Comic relief.
>
> (Multi:) There's always the cocky American who wants to make the
> teams unfair so he can be on the spies, so then one of the spies who
> were there first have to move to the 'mercs'.

Even worse is when you beat them in a ranked game (The opposaite spies were ranked 3 & 4 against my team of 2 & 1) and they close the match before the stats update.
>
> (Multi:) a Co-op vs. A.I. would have been pretty tasty.

Good idea.
>
> (Multi:) No knife ;)

No this is definately a good thing. Although i'd actually be able to kill a merc with a knife, this neck-breaking is hard.
>
> There's my little rant, feel free to add to the list. But just
> thought I'd add the good points out weigh the bad points.

They do.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:22
Regular
According to the Official Site:

"Xbox Live bug will be corrected soon

A bug where the Xbox game crashed if you rested ten seconds on the "optimatch" option will soon be resolved. The bug does not prevent players from playing online, and it does not occur during gameplay. Therefore we expect that players will still enjoy playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow while we look into resolving this issue".

I've never had a game that's crashed so much on me...

*sulks*
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:24
Regular
"8==="
Just pick a level quickly and launch. I've played about 40 games and only one has had lag so there's little point in waiting for the connection speeds to show anyway.
Sun 28/03/04 at 19:25
Regular
": ("
This bug happens alot on Midtown Madness 3 too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.