GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Freeola Factor"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/06/06 at 12:22
Regular
"Sgt Kelso"
Hi people

Well I like many others made the switch to Freeola broadband and am in my first ten days of line stability checks

Things sure have moved on. I remember using an ancient modem on a C64 to dial to the Gnome at Home and after receiving a horrendus phone bill dumped it pronto (and that was for basic bulletin board use).

Off up to 33k then 56k dialup through a variety of services in the early nineties, on to nthell broadband...
when you're in a clan game, screaming from the skies in your Stuka about to help takeout a vital target for your buddies on the ground, the last thing you want is a disconnect lol (and there were enough of those)
on I went to F2S - A great ISP and 2mb service was solid UNTIL... yup BTMax

THEN you find that the company is only in name and the service/support no longer exists - download speed never above 4Mb

Enter Freeola....
My connection is the same, but my download speed is now between 4 & 6MB
and the switch was instant and troublefree
(apart from some outage the other day)

Looking ok - what say you?
Sun 02/07/06 at 12:07
Regular
why can't they just develop wireless which can't be done over so easily. Even at school most people can hack bluetooth, it's just annoying.
Sun 02/07/06 at 12:06
Regular
"Mooching around"
True, it's happened to us... I mentioned it somewhere on here I think...
Sun 02/07/06 at 10:45
Regular
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> I... err... Well I have a fancy wireless adaptor that glows... so
> nerrr!

Well it glows until someone breaks into your wi-fi and steals net connection, or just logs your passwords lol, that was done to me, eventhough I had encryption and everything, best solution is cabling networks and cable phone line :) and the only time a computer is secure is when it's turned off, told to me by one of my teachers, didn't like it when I said you could boot it up with a command from the network, thus making it unsecure again.
Sat 24/06/06 at 13:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
I... err... Well I have a fancy wireless adaptor that glows... so nerrr!
Sat 24/06/06 at 12:22
Regular
"Sgt Kelso"
Hi people

Well I like many others made the switch to Freeola broadband and am in my first ten days of line stability checks

Things sure have moved on. I remember using an ancient modem on a C64 to dial to the Gnome at Home and after receiving a horrendus phone bill dumped it pronto (and that was for basic bulletin board use).

Off up to 33k then 56k dialup through a variety of services in the early nineties, on to nthell broadband...
when you're in a clan game, screaming from the skies in your Stuka about to help takeout a vital target for your buddies on the ground, the last thing you want is a disconnect lol (and there were enough of those)
on I went to F2S - A great ISP and 2mb service was solid UNTIL... yup BTMax

THEN you find that the company is only in name and the service/support no longer exists - download speed never above 4Mb

Enter Freeola....
My connection is the same, but my download speed is now between 4 & 6MB
and the switch was instant and troublefree
(apart from some outage the other day)

Looking ok - what say you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.