GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What type of game have you always wanted?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 16:32
Regular
Out of all the games out there there still isn't that perfect game which tickles my fancy. Sure there are some great games out there but for once i would just like some perfect games which I would never stop playing. I know that when a company makes a game they have to cater for everyone but I would just like one game that catered for me.

There are many games I would like to create thats why I just bought Dark basic, but I want the game without the fuss of making it myself.

What type of games would you like? say there were no limitations to what could be made.

One great game in my opinion would be a historical battle collection. where you get to play one guy at D-day for example, you have to get out of the landing craft and survive on the beach and survive d-day in a first person 3d game. You could see every single person around you. experience what it was like for the veterans. everytime you played it the pepole would react differently the outcome would be different. I no MOD allied assults coming out but it's mission based and there will probably be something wrong with it.

I'm sad and like the historical type games for many of you your ideas will be different.

What great game ideas do you have?
Tue 31/07/01 at 23:54
Regular
But if they did it right these types of games would be tops. Good theory - bad execution.
Tue 31/07/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah they've done that type of game loads of time and they all end up rubbish!
Tue 31/07/01 at 16:45
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
EyeCandy wrote:
> I want a game that utilizes many different game genres in one. For
> example:

Challenge 1: A shoot-em-up level.
Challenge 2: 18 holes
> of golf.
Challenge 3: A 20 lap car race.
Challenge 4: A beat-em-up
> level.
Challenge 5: A strategy level.
Challenge 6: An
> explore-em-up level.

You would have to complete each challenge in
> order to progress. This would be cool, but it'll never happen.

---

They've done it... loads of times :)

In fact the first game to include speech (Gorf) was a multi genre title... with each level being a diferent game type.
Tue 31/07/01 at 14:43
Regular
I want a game that utilizes many different game genres in one. For example:

Challenge 1: A shoot-em-up level.
Challenge 2: 18 holes of golf.
Challenge 3: A 20 lap car race.
Challenge 4: A beat-em-up level.
Challenge 5: A strategy level.
Challenge 6: An explore-em-up level.

You would have to complete each challenge in order to progress. This would be cool, but it'll never happen.
Mon 30/07/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Back For Good"
I would love to see something that involves time travel i mean the only game that remotly uses it is shadow of memories.

Does anyone remember Quantum Leap well just imagine having to travel in time to correct fatal errors in different time zones how class would that be and so easily pssible.

good idea or what?
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:32
Out of all the games out there there still isn't that perfect game which tickles my fancy. Sure there are some great games out there but for once i would just like some perfect games which I would never stop playing. I know that when a company makes a game they have to cater for everyone but I would just like one game that catered for me.

There are many games I would like to create thats why I just bought Dark basic, but I want the game without the fuss of making it myself.

What type of games would you like? say there were no limitations to what could be made.

One great game in my opinion would be a historical battle collection. where you get to play one guy at D-day for example, you have to get out of the landing craft and survive on the beach and survive d-day in a first person 3d game. You could see every single person around you. experience what it was like for the veterans. everytime you played it the pepole would react differently the outcome would be different. I no MOD allied assults coming out but it's mission based and there will probably be something wrong with it.

I'm sad and like the historical type games for many of you your ideas will be different.

What great game ideas do you have?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.