GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MTX: Mototrax"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'MTX Mototrax'.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
May aswell post it here too.

sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> What is MTX like on Live, mate?

It's got a good 'pick up and play' style to it but like good games that are easy to get into and play it's hard to truely master.

The offline's REALLY good too. It reminds me a lot of Tony Hawk except because it's a motorbike your using you don't have to do crappy rail slides and all that annoying stuff. You have to do certain tricks, there's bit where you have to follow peoples lead for points and do the tricks they do and there's hidden things (go over an obscure ramp and a trick will show up which you have to do whilst launching off that particular ramp to unlock it in the game).

There's a freestyle mode, a motocross mode (outdoors, woodland etc) and a super cross mode (stadium). These all play like a pick up and play version of MX Superfly except Superfly was more of a rock hard simulation.

8 player races on Live are SWEET and there's also a king of the hill mode and a strange capture the helmet mode where the player with the helmet is the only one able to do freestyle tricks, the first person to reach the set number of freestyle points wins. This makes for some long but thoroughly enjoyable games.

--------------------------- -----------------------------

Additional stuff:

*Big tracks
*Big freeroaming areas to discover secrets and earn extra points in.
*Track Designer
*Fast
*Sweet graphics
Tue 30/03/04 at 10:25
Regular
"Remember me?"
It probably reminds you of the Tony Hawk games because this title was actually originally going to be titled "Travis Pastrana's Pro MotoX", just like Wakeboarding Unleashed was going to be titled "Shaun Murray's Pro Wakeboarder". Activision seem to be going off that whole "Pro" title malarkey now.

It does sound hella good though, and I'll probably pick it up later in the week.
Tue 30/03/04 at 00:32
Regular
"8==="
Oh yeah almost forgot, I started playing this game at 4pm, and aside from a quick break for dinner, I didn't stop playing it until about 10:30.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:29
Regular
"8==="
It's still mainly racing (well duh) but the Tony Hawk elements give it some real character and extra stuff to do.

Oh and I think you can get 2 people on Live through the same Xbox with it, like Unreal and PGR2.

And there's movies to unlock and a whole career mode with sponsors and different teams to defect to etc etc.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Touched!"
mmmm sounds excellent, will pick this up on thursday!
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
May aswell post it here too.

sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> What is MTX like on Live, mate?

It's got a good 'pick up and play' style to it but like good games that are easy to get into and play it's hard to truely master.

The offline's REALLY good too. It reminds me a lot of Tony Hawk except because it's a motorbike your using you don't have to do crappy rail slides and all that annoying stuff. You have to do certain tricks, there's bit where you have to follow peoples lead for points and do the tricks they do and there's hidden things (go over an obscure ramp and a trick will show up which you have to do whilst launching off that particular ramp to unlock it in the game).

There's a freestyle mode, a motocross mode (outdoors, woodland etc) and a super cross mode (stadium). These all play like a pick up and play version of MX Superfly except Superfly was more of a rock hard simulation.

8 player races on Live are SWEET and there's also a king of the hill mode and a strange capture the helmet mode where the player with the helmet is the only one able to do freestyle tricks, the first person to reach the set number of freestyle points wins. This makes for some long but thoroughly enjoyable games.

--------------------------- -----------------------------

Additional stuff:

*Big tracks
*Big freeroaming areas to discover secrets and earn extra points in.
*Track Designer
*Fast
*Sweet graphics

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.