GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia (pc version)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia'.
Tue 23/01/07 at 11:47
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ill repost after the 6mins of GAD is over.
Tue 23/01/07 at 12:01
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Ok, i get that this game is now a little old, but if anything, that benefits it. The fact that i can play through this game, thouroughly enjoy it, and not experience problems with "poor graphics", or other problems that could be associated with older games is in my eyes a bonus.

You start as a taxi driver, but you are quickly caught up in the gangster scene under Don Salieri. At the start, there are a few simple missions with a view to getting you into the game, grasping the controls and so forth. Missions become increasingly difficult, to the extent you will have to replay many of them several times. This is because in order to get past certain levels, you will need to know the position of guards, in order not to get blasted in the face with shotguns, magnums and tommies.

The AI is very good, accurate and for all intents and purposes, clever. One man will crouch and fire covering fire with his tommy, while another will charge at you with a sawed off. Health is not plentiful, which requires you to be almost splinter cell style in your levels. You have to plan what you do, you cant go in all guns blazing like on gta.

This game still has nice visuals, my friend looked over my shoulder, and thought it was a game that was out last year "awesome graphics" he said. The driving aspects of the game are very classy, the music that plays while you drive around is very 1930s, and relaxing. It will also change to become more dramatic when being chased by cops/gangsters/on your way to a tension point in the game.

The storyline, especially for a game, is magnificent, twists and turns to rival a gangster film. The cinematic sequences are wonderful. To add to the difficulty of the game, once you have completed it, 19 bonus missions are unlocked in a mode called "free ride extreme", which gives this game a huge lifespan.

Overall, I would suggest that you go and buy this game now. It'll be cheap, due to its age, and it'll be so damn worth it. The only thing that annoys is the lack of ability to save apart from when it allows you to, as you can do 10mins of easy driving, only to die after a minute, causing you to do the driving all over again. But that is a minor issue.

10/10
Tue 23/01/07 at 11:47
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ill repost after the 6mins of GAD is over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.