GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What The HELL Are Channel 4 Doing??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 12:47
Regular
On Friday night, I watched some of the Brasseye special on C4. It was absolutely disgusting, in my opinion. It was meant to be a comedy, and the only time I laughed was once, just as I turned on, when it had, "Here is a peadophile disguised as a house."

Then I began to see what it was all about. They showed footage of 2 people having sex, the woman meant to be a 10-year-old girl. They also brought a boy in, and then asked a 'peadophile,' if he fancied him!

After clocking up over a 1000 complaints, one from MP David Blunkett, they STILL showed the repeat!

And what's this I hear? They're getting rid of WWF because of it's 'extreme nature.' Supposedly, it's 'too hard to edit,' although it's shown at past midnight, and their have been a few complaints about the crazy stunts and the way they portray women.

John Bayer, Director of Media Watch UK, slammed the move. He said, "On one hand they transmit disgraceful programmmes such as Brass Eye and on the other hand they have a dislike of wrestling, which is just acting and healthy messing around. Their double standards are incomprehensable."

I completely agree. Brasseye wasn't funny, it was disgusting, and I expect it offended many people. How'd you think people who had actually been affected by the subject felt??

I was also shocked to see (not sure about her name,) but that women who starred in great comedies such as Beast and Smack The Pony, playing a large role in the program!

So Channel 4 think that Sports-Entertainment is wrong, and Brasseye is right. Wrestling is very popular in the UK, and the 4 PPV's that they show over the whole year, as well as the weekly edition of Sunday Night Heat, must get them a lot of viewers. Their have been hardly any complaints, and it's now been changed from an afternoon showing to a late night showing. Brasseye, which was shown at around 10pm I think, has now had over 2000 complaints, they show it twice and have still done nothing about it.

I am very annoyed at the actions of Channel 4. It's probably one of my favourite channels as it shows class programs such as Friends, Frasier, South Park and has good coverage of the Cricket. And of course, it did have WWF.

I would like to hear your views, and if you actually liked Brasseye, please tell me why as I am shocked that anyone could actually enjoy a programme with such dirty, offensive material.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:02
Regular
"One More Chance"
You go IB.
Wed 01/08/01 at 14:52
Regular
"Back in black"
Ant wrote:
> I posted this same topic in the DVD, Music, TV and Movies Forum-and
> everyone seems to like Brasseye!

Sick people, Im going over there now to give em a piece of my mind!! GRRRR
Tue 31/07/01 at 23:26
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well i think there sick.
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:23
Regular
"WWJD"
HU!, Why?, Why? would they like this, they sicken me did some one called Mr Neil like it i bet he did
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
I posted this same topic in the DVD, Music, TV and Movies Forum-and everyone seems to like Brasseye!
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:02
Regular
"One More Chance"
yeah but if they dident want ya to say crap they wouldent let ya.
Tue 31/07/01 at 22:01
Regular
"WWJD"
oh yeah and Jet ur not suppose to swear on here u could get chuked off like Khazar
Tue 31/07/01 at 21:59
Regular
"WWJD"
ive never seen it, from what people have said i don't really want to
Tue 31/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
"One More Chance"
Its crap.
Tue 31/07/01 at 19:27
Regular
"AKA Khazar"
Brasseye is the most sick,pathetic,unfunny,stupid lame...U get the idea. Sad show.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.