GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For all you Anime Fans....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 01:13
Regular
On the Sci-fi channel (130) they are showing Anime films every night until Saturday at 12:00am to celebrate the release of the Final Fantasy film. Unfortunately they showed "Ghost in the Shell" at 10:30pm on Saturday while i was at work, i really want to see that as it is supposed to be one of the best anime films ever made.
Anyway just thought i would let all you anime fans know!

Darkreaper
Mon 30/07/01 at 01:13
On the Sci-fi channel (130) they are showing Anime films every night until Saturday at 12:00am to celebrate the release of the Final Fantasy film. Unfortunately they showed "Ghost in the Shell" at 10:30pm on Saturday while i was at work, i really want to see that as it is supposed to be one of the best anime films ever made.
Anyway just thought i would let all you anime fans know!

Darkreaper
Mon 30/07/01 at 01:17
Regular
Darkreaper wrote:
> On the Sci-fi channel (130) they are showing Anime films every night
> until Saturday at 12:00am to celebrate the release of the Final
> Fantasy film. Unfortunately they showed "Ghost in the
> Shell" at 10:30pm on Saturday while i was at work, i really
> want to see that as it is supposed to be one of the best anime films
> ever made.
Anyway just thought i would let all you anime fans
> know!

did you see return of the overfeind a couple of weeks back on sci-fi..i must say"way over rated" the film was cut to shreds by the bbfc
Mon 30/07/01 at 01:48
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Ahhh, you've gone for the classic Common Misconseption about the BBFC no. 1 - they don't actually cut anything. All they do is make recommendations such as "too violent" and then the film makers recut the film and submit it for clasification again. The BBFC in no way re-edit the film, their scissors are used for far more mundane things such as, ohhhh... cutting stray threads off cheap suits.
Mon 30/07/01 at 12:51
I did see "Return of the Overfeind" but i can't remeber much about it. I can't wait to see Macross Plus - Part 2 on Sci fi tonight. I've seen it hundreds of times but it's so good! I know Patlabour is on tomorrow night but i've seen it and it is average so i don't think i'll bother watching it.
The bbfc are complete gits though! The Sonic anime film (which i havn't seen yet) was re-edited because sonic swears a lot in the film and i'm talking about the "F" word and he also "flips the bird" on a number of occasions, but all European and US version are cleaned up so they don't show this. Isn't suppoesed to be a good film anyway.

Darkreaper
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
What rating was the Sonic anime film? The F word is allowed an unrestriced number of times in an 18 film - if the film is any rating below an 18 that means the films distributors weren't happy with the 18 certificate it was given so re-cut with the hope of getting a 15. This is actually how most cuts to films occur - distributors going for a lower rating than first given.

The BBFC are top blokes - don't critize them when you don't fully understand what they do.
Mon 30/07/01 at 22:41
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> What rating was the Sonic anime film? The F word is allowed an
> unrestriced number of times in an 18 film - if the film is any
> rating below an 18 that means the films distributors weren't happy
> with the 18 certificate it was given so re-cut with the hope of
> getting a 15. This is actually how most cuts to films occur -
> distributors going for a lower rating than first given.

I think the UK/US was rated as a U and i don't know what the Japanese rating was. The only adult thing in it was the swearing the middle finger.
Japanese have a really dodgy way of rating their films. I have seen anime films that are rated as 12 and they have violence, swearing and sex in them! I don't know if this only applies to anime films.

Darkreaper
Tue 31/07/01 at 12:22
Regular
"Back For Good"
anime films are wicked

go over to sputnik7.com which is an ace site where you can watch anime cartoons for free on realplayer and the quality is quite good.
Tue 31/07/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Darkreaper wrote:
> I think the UK/US was rated as a
> U and i don't know what the Japanese rating was. The only adult
> thing in it was the swearing the middle finger.

Well obviously then the BBFC probably gave it a 15 or 18 rating and it could have been released uncut like that. However the films distributors recut it and resubmited it to get a lower rating. In other words, don't blame the BBFC.
Wed 01/08/01 at 01:57
I've just found out that they ar showing "Akira" Thursday at midnight! This is one of the best anime films ever made (if slightly confusing!) thank god i'm not working that night! Anyway just watched "Patlabour" and i'm sure they showed that one on channel 4 a few years back. "Patlabour 2" is on thursday midnight but i might be at work so i might not get the chance to watch it, is it any good?

Darkreaper
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:45
Watched Akira on Sci-fi last night and i'm sure they cut bits out of it. There where too many bits in the film where it just cut to another scene sometimes cutting into characters sentences. Is it just me?

Darkreaper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.