GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Royal Rumble"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/01/07 at 09:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The 30 participants are as follows:

Raw

Viscera
Shelton Benjamin
Johnny Nitro
Jeff Hardy
Chris Masters
Kenny Dykstra
Ric Flair
Carlito
Shawn Michaels
Edge
Randy Orton
Super Crazy
The Great Khali

Smackdown

Chris Benoit
MVP
Matt Hardy
Mike the Miz
Chavo Guerrero
Finlay
The Undertaker
Kane
King Booker
Gregory Helms

ECW

CM Punk
Sabu
Sandman
Rob Van Dam
Bob Holly
Tommy Dreamer
Kevin Thorn

I think this year the Undertaker will get the win and will go on to WM to either win the title or lose his perfect record.
Fri 02/02/07 at 12:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Fígó wrote:
> I thought about buying the rumble this year (no, really), but
> Batista v Kennedy and Lashley v Test were bound to be crap.
> Sounds like the Rumble was pretty good though, a blast from the
> past.

The Rumble was pretty good until Khali turned up. Everything else was terrible though. (I didn't pay, it was up on Youtube)
Fri 02/02/07 at 12:24
Regular
I thought about buying the rumble this year (no, really), but Batista v Kennedy and Lashley v Test were bound to be crap. Sounds like the Rumble was pretty good though, a blast from the past.

Anyway, Duece & Domino are awesome and Batista really is awful now. Kennedy's being rubbish as well. He needs a clean win.
Mon 29/01/07 at 22:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd blame Russo, how many "on a pole?" matches were there before he arrived? Joe was being booked fine until he arrived, Abyss didn't have a d*****s back story to him before Russo arrived etc

The only thing wrong with TNA pre-Russo was the almighty focus on Jarrett, which was a lesser evil than the stupidity and nonsense Russo is churning out
Mon 29/01/07 at 22:13
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Alfonse wrote:
> The weird octo-ring sets my brain on fire :(

Hexa-ring, Billy.
Mon 29/01/07 at 22:12
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Agreed that (TNA)Wrestling needs Heyman.
As for the Russo remark, I not so sure if he's responsible for alot of what he gets blamed for, Jarrett and Mantel were part of the booking team before Russo came in and alot of the same booking mistakes are being made(that sounds horribly arrogant...whatever) now.
Jarrett and Mantell are the common denominator here, and I refuse to believe that Mr Holy himself didn't have a say in the current Abyss storyline. Anyway, I digress....
The fact is TNA caters to the Pro Wrestling fan, WWE's target audience is the one with the most cash.
Then again, the idea that I am a TNA mark that can see no wrong in the product has been brought up before....
Mon 29/01/07 at 22:00
Regular
Shooby wrote:

> Furthermore, if you are infact a Pro Wrestling fan, it is
> suggested you seek out TNA and ROH for all your needs.

The weird octo-ring sets my brain on fire :(
Mon 29/01/07 at 21:35
Regular
"..."
Shooby wrote:
> Furthermore, if you are infact a Pro Wrestling fan, it is
> suggested you seek out TNA and ROH for all your needs.

Although in fairness, some of the TNA booking has been equally baffling since Russo came back on board.

I'd like to make a personal plea to Vince. Please, if you're not going to have Heyman involved in the booking, pleasing release him from his contract. Wrestling in the states needs Heyman right now, full-stop.
Mon 29/01/07 at 20:48
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Totally unecessary booking decision there. 'Taker isn't going to get any more over from winning the Rumble. Remember when HBK won his first RR back in 95(?), the story of that match was the young arrogant up and comer launches himself into the main event by out lasting everyone else. That particular victory won many fans over and was a turning point in HBK's career. He needed it; he doesn't now, and the same goes for Undertaker.
Someone like Edge or Orton(i.e. a heel) could have done with the credibility and momentum going into a Main Event match against Cena(pshaw) at the biggest Pro Wrestling(pshaw) show of the year.
Then again, its seems like they'll be setting up HBK vs Cena at WM, so that wouldn't have worked either. NOW I've reached the point I do in every critique of WWE: IT'S ALL BULLSH*T! Alas, a familiar three questions spring to mind: Why do I even try to question the logic of something that spits on logic? Why do I treat stupidity with intelligence? Why do I even watch WWE?
The Answer: Because I'm a Pro Wrestling fan and 1 hour of TV a week just ain't enough.

Disclaimer:The author wants to make it abundantly clear that he does not waste his time with the shambles that is ECW and Smackdown, and only really skims through Raw.
Furthermore, if you are infact a Pro Wrestling fan, it is suggested you seek out TNA and ROH for all your needs.
Mon 29/01/07 at 16:20
Regular
Oh dear, WWE are forcing me to root for Batista?

*keels over*
Mon 29/01/07 at 08:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Well Taker finally wins the Royal Rumble to set up a Championship vs his winning streak match.

I'd expect it will be against Batista.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.