GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hunter: The Reckoning"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hunter: The Reckoning'.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:04
Regular
"8==="
Picked this up on monday for a tenner. I must say this game is really good fun in a simple way. It's like Fighting Force meets Resident Evil, there's a kind of Resident Evil background mixed with elements stolen from the plot of They Live. The control system also reminds me of Resident Evil except in the wide open spaces of this game it works better IMO because you can dodge your foes and have a really good fight.

The Game is more a gothic Fighting Force than it is Resident Evil.

There can be 30 enemies on screen at one time, so far I've only run into Zombies and strange Thing-like heads with spiders legs coming out of them, these explode if you let them too near and big metal Gargoyles that need to be taken down with hand to hand combat.

The weapons sound REALLY good when you fire them, it's difficult to explain but they've captured the sound and how the weapon should behave to absolute perfection.

If this game had had things shoddily implemented it would be an absolute disaster but everything seems polished to perfection. I'm currently going around using the defender character Samantha, she's got a meaty sounding six-shooter and a samauri sword to start off with buth I've picked up a sweet shotgun and machine gun.

I think this game's going to get even better in 2-4 player co-op, it's a simple yet brilliant treat to play!
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:04
Regular
"8==="
Picked this up on monday for a tenner. I must say this game is really good fun in a simple way. It's like Fighting Force meets Resident Evil, there's a kind of Resident Evil background mixed with elements stolen from the plot of They Live. The control system also reminds me of Resident Evil except in the wide open spaces of this game it works better IMO because you can dodge your foes and have a really good fight.

The Game is more a gothic Fighting Force than it is Resident Evil.

There can be 30 enemies on screen at one time, so far I've only run into Zombies and strange Thing-like heads with spiders legs coming out of them, these explode if you let them too near and big metal Gargoyles that need to be taken down with hand to hand combat.

The weapons sound REALLY good when you fire them, it's difficult to explain but they've captured the sound and how the weapon should behave to absolute perfection.

If this game had had things shoddily implemented it would be an absolute disaster but everything seems polished to perfection. I'm currently going around using the defender character Samantha, she's got a meaty sounding six-shooter and a samauri sword to start off with buth I've picked up a sweet shotgun and machine gun.

I think this game's going to get even better in 2-4 player co-op, it's a simple yet brilliant treat to play!
Sat 03/04/04 at 09:00
Regular
"8==="
Played the co-op last night, good blasty fun. Played a different character who's a bit harder to use as they can't heal themselves with their edge ability unlike the defender character.

Got blown up by some spiders too! :D
Sat 03/04/04 at 11:20
Regular
Yeah, I remember playing the demo on co-op.

T'was pretty good I think, even after a few runs through the same level. Simple Hack and Slash, but fun...

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.