GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oi you!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Right I have a new PC and now I want you to give me reccomendations for cheap online capable FPS's ok?
Tue 06/04/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
beanz wrote:
> 160?! for an 9600xt? you've been ripped off...
> you can get them for 110
> and a radeon 9800 pro for 155!

Dont forget prices fall. I paid £330 for my 9800 Pro but that was nearly 10 months ago so thats the price they were at, at the time. When XTs first came out then they would be this sort of price so he hasnt been ripped off unless he did buy it within the last month.
Tue 06/04/04 at 20:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
160?! for an 9600xt? you've been ripped off...
you can get them for 110
and a radeon 9800 pro for 155!
Tue 06/04/04 at 18:49
Regular
"\\"
After finally being able to play Americas Army i can can so it's rather good, soon as i have nothing to compare it to i can't says it's brilliant although for the most part it's enjoyable. Although i wouldn't recommend the medical training for any inpatient or squemish people.
Tue 06/04/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Blood is life"
I bought a Radeon 9600XT with Half Life 2 voucher, so I got Steam with Half Life, CounterStrike and a HL2 download for free. Pretty sweet, but considering the card was £160 at the time, I really didn't get it for free!
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
gamezfreak wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> I'm still not sure you need Half-Life, Steam I think provides
> Counter-Strike without the need for HL.
>
> Hmmm, I doubt it, I remember when attempting to play CS on Steam, it
> asked me for a Half Life CD Key.

Ah, well I have Half-Life anyway so was just basing that on an assuption. Still, like I said, £10 for Half-Life which will allow you to play 5 multiplayer games for free, it's a bargain.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:15
Regular
cipro wrote:
> I'm still not sure you need Half-Life, Steam I think provides
> Counter-Strike without the need for HL.

Hmmm, I doubt it, I remember when attempting to play CS on Steam, it asked me for a Half Life CD Key.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Aoe wrote:
> Americas Army... It's free, like Counter-Strike (although you need
> Half-Life so AA is more free), and also it is Counter-Strike but with
> the idea you're in the american army and such.

I'm still not sure you need Half-Life, Steam I think provides Counter-Strike without the need for HL. Even so, £10 for HL now will not only allow you to download Counter-Strike, but also Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Firearms and Natural Selection, all for free.

Didn't think much of Americas Army either, I like realism in game but Jesus, AA goes overboard with it.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> Sir yes sir!
> Unreal championship 2004 sir.

Whoops, you of course meant Unreal Tournament 2004 :P
Sat 03/04/04 at 11:23
Regular
No One Lives Forever 2

Relatively unheard of, but great single player, and a fun online mulitplayer, plus it's only about £10

Or you could get the original, which is ever so slightly better in single player, but they're both fantastic
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:54
Regular
"\\"
Americas Army... It's free, like Counter-Strike (although you need Half-Life so AA is more free), and also it is Counter-Strike but with the idea you're in the american army and such.

It's free because it's sponsered by the American Army trying to encourage more people to join the army.

EDIT : It's a nice 650mb download though :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.