GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"American McGees "Alice""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'American McGee's Alice'.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Out on Sold out software for 4.99

The game itself is ok, being a third person doom clone, but as a work of art it's astounding. Chris Vrenners (NIN) ambiant score is impressive too.

Well worth the cash. I'm looking fiorward to his take on "Oz" now.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Out on Sold out software for 4.99

The game itself is ok, being a third person doom clone, but as a work of art it's astounding. Chris Vrenners (NIN) ambiant score is impressive too.

Well worth the cash. I'm looking fiorward to his take on "Oz" now.
Sat 03/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I wasn't too impressed with the demo when I played it a few years ago, felt the game was just a typical platform yarn, which is a type of game I don't particularly enjoy much. However, the level design and overall look where amazing, especially the level where the room you're in just splits apart in a vortex like void.

For a fiver it may be worth checking out just to see what else lies to be discovered in the game.
Sat 03/04/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I really enjoyed the demo myself, but never got the full version; I probably will now, however. £4.99 is very tempting if my stupid XP PC will actually let it run.

It's a very well made game: Built by American McGhee, a well known designer (With UT, Doom and Quake series' levels to his credit) with artwork by the master of freaky paintings, Mark Ryder.
Sun 04/04/04 at 00:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
cipro wrote:
> I wasn't too impressed with the demo when I played it a few years ago,
> felt the game was just a typical platform yarn, which is a type of
> game I don't particularly enjoy much. However, the levels design and
> overall look where amazing, especially the level where the room
> you're in just splits apart in a vertex like void.

Thats excatly what I thought, fun demo, amazing graphics, but the level design was a little predictable (what happened to the moive that was going to be based on the game?)... I did however, recently pick it up from a bargin bin - just gotta get around to playing it!
Mon 05/04/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Well worth the cash. I'm looking fiorward to his take on
> "Oz" now.

According to IGN its been canned! :(
Tue 06/04/04 at 09:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It can't have been canned! That game was pure genius!

BTW, Has anyone ever realised that the original stories which the games were based on were written by stoners?
Wed 07/04/04 at 13:30
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Der Nazi wrote:
> It can't have been canned! That game was pure genius!
>
> BTW, Has anyone ever realised that the original stories which the
> games were based on were written by stoners?

I dont think the Wizard of Oz guy was into Cannabis, and Lewis Carroll drugs influence is a myth
Wed 07/04/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Well, ok, not so much emphasis on cannabis, but they did both take a lot of drugs, and Carroll was an opium addict as well...
Thu 08/04/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Well, ok, not so much emphasis on cannabis, but they did both take a
> lot of drugs, and Carroll was an opium addict as well...

Give this a try man...

[URL]http://experts.about.com/q/697/2768109.htm[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.