GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry Xbox?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/04/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Is this game coming out on the Xbox, it looks great on the PC but my PC probably wont beable to hack the graphics. From what i've hear the story is about a guy that gets stranded on an Island, i like games that are realistic but not too dark. If this is set to be realeased on Xbox i'll be straight up the nearest SR Store.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I might buy Far Cry for the PC now, and then get it again for Xbox if it has Live.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
Pah, gamesTM > EDGE.

EDGE are almost purposefully controversial.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That's another view I agree with - you can only give a ten in retrspect.

it's easy to say a game rules when you've just finished it, but, in 5 years time, will you feel the same.

And 6 for SSBM? See my view on the Mario Kart score...
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:34
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> What did they give SSB:M?

6, way off I reckon.

True that no game is ever perfect; something which gets a ten should age well e.g. Ocarina of Time (no pun intended), which I played recently and still is worthy of a ten rating.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
What did they give SSB:M?

I'd give Halo 9, but, then again, i'd never gove any game 10/10 - that says that it's 'perfect', and all games will always lack on something, or have something to improve on, and, so, a 10 is simply not plausible.

I also disagreed with their Mario Kart review score - if this was by some independant, british studio with different characters, etc., i feel it's have gotten about 7 or 8.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:28
Regular
Yup. Their reviews are still the only ones I almost completely trust, and bar the Halo and Super Smash Bros Melee reviews a few years back I've agreed on most. Their news section is great too.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:21
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Icaruss wrote:
> And you read EDGE?

Whenever I've got the money. Redeye is worth the £4 alone.

Although it has been toned down a lot recently, to try and ncrease readership, and it['s becoming ever more obvious.

It's still miles ahead of that GamesTM crap.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:17
Regular
"8==="
Ping! Ah that's a sweet sound.
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
Can someone chuck a grenade down this hole please?
Sun 04/04/04 at 23:15
Regular
Yeah, problem is lack of ammo. And as far as I can tell, it doesn't work with grenades; they just leave a nice charred mark.

And you read EDGE?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.