GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eminem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/07/01 at 22:16
Regular
Eminem was born named Marshall Mathers in St. Joseph, very close to Kansas City. He first started rapping when he was 14, and then joined a band called Soul Intent. His actual rapping career started in the 1996 with a solo single called Infinite, and followed it with the Slim Shady EP. Both records made a splash in the hip-hop underground world, earning notice not only because of his exaggerated rapping style, but also because of his skin colour, with many people calling him, ‘the great white hope.’ The styles of rap he uses are underground rap, west coast rap, hardcore rap and gangsta rap.

The main instrument he uses is his mouth, which he can use in many different tones such as; intense, outrageous, paranoid, witty, thuggish, manic, aggressive, angry, hostile, rebellious and harsh way.
According to legend, Dr. Dre discovered his demo tape on the floor of a someone’s garage, although he did not sign him up until he won second place in the freestyle category at 1997’s Rap Olympics MC battle in Los Angeles that Dre signed him up.

The best-selling Slim Shady LP followed in early 99, scoring a massive hit with the single and video, ‘My Name Is’ plus a popular follow-up called ‘Guilty Conscience’. Over the next year, the album went triple platinum. With so much exposure, controversy surrounded the album’s content, with some criticizing its graphic violence, while some praised it’s surreal humour, as well as Eminem’s lyrical skills and Dre’s inventive talents.

In between albums, Eminem appeared in Dre’s record, Dr Dre 2001, with his contributions providing some of the record’s liveliest moments.
The Marshall Mathers LP appeared in the summer of 2000, moving close to two million copies in its first week of release on its way to becoming the fastest –selling rap album of all time.

His 4 albums are called Infinite, Slim Shady EP, Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP. Some of his most popular singles are; Real Slim Shady, My Name is, Guilt Conscience and the Way I Am.

Eminem’s career though, has been plagued with personal tragedies. He’s being divorced from his wife, his child may be taken away from him, but biggest story is the rivalry between him and his mother.
His mother is trying to sue him for using her in his lyrics, because she took offence to the language he used about her. These are some of the reasons why many people despise Eminem. Other reasons are that his language is abusive and lots of people are offended by his lyrics, and don’t want their children to hear it. Whether you like him or not, it’s up to you.

And you know something?? I don't like him at all. His songs, as well as his personality. Mostly for the reasons I've said above-even though it's just a biography. {:)

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 01/08/01 at 14:58
Regular
"Back in black"
Eminem is liked by small kids genrally aged 10 who don't know any better.

Some big 20 year old is gonna come and kill me for saying that i know it!
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
RawisAndy wrote:
His mothers
> already suing him!

His mum is also recording a urine extraction of Stan called "Dear Marshall"
Wed 01/08/01 at 11:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
And the Ken Keneff bits on the albums...they're odd.

No, those are his homophobic songs. I wouldn't let your wife or Malibu or Georgina (Is that right? Sorry if it's not!) here them!!!
Wed 01/08/01 at 09:59
Regular
"not dead"
Eminem?

Well I like some of his stuff, like The Way I Am, and Stan, but I think the 'pop' stuff, like The Real Slim Shady is naff.

And the Ken Keneff bits on the albums...they're odd.
Wed 01/08/01 at 02:03
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Blame D-12 for the character of slimsady, it was because of them that that persona was created.
D-12 only six of them but the idea that they each have an alter ego.

Personally I like Eminem and not because he swears or disses people (his mom for example) but because he is great with lyrics and makes good songs. Not all are good such as Kim on the Marshall Mathers LP where he kills his wife and on the Slimshady LP where he gets his daughter to help him get rid of the body, they were a bit sick!

Anyway Eminem is undoubtedly a great rapper he just needs to stop saying such controversial sometimes fatal things in his songs.
His mothers already suing him!

You know your stuff dont you Ant.
Good post/point (as always)
Tue 31/07/01 at 14:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Okay... and why would they feel the need to pretend?
Mon 30/07/01 at 21:18
I don't mind Eninem, some of his stuff is OK (Mainly the ones Ant says). However, what I really hate about him, although it isn't really about him, is the way music critics praise the pants off of him to show everyone how open minded they are - you know all those uptight a$$holes all hate him, but they are lying and using him to their advantage.
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yeah, I'd agree with pb's and Godfather's views on Eminem.
Sun 29/07/01 at 22:34
Without a doubt Eminem is a genius as an artist. I have no respect for him for the message he sends out or the persona he portrays but in terms of stringing lyrics together is a clever,witty and whimsical way Eminem is without a doubt the best ni the business.

Personally I see Marshall Matthers as the Quentin Tarrintino of thge music inductry. Both artists are uniquely different in the style they portray but both of them also respect the mainstream act in which they follow. Eminem controversially shot out in the hip hop scene with his offensive lyrics and hardhitting messages.

Tarrintino hit the film scene with True Romance and Natural Born Killer. He directed neither any of them but the two films would show what he is capable of as a writer and a film maker. He showed this through Reseviour Dogs, one of the most contriversial movies of all times with it's directly violent visions.

Both Eminem and Tarrintino have had critics at the baccks but both of them are seen as geniuses at what they do.

Their backgrounds are also similar. Dunces at school and self dependant personalities who have true passion for their work. Eminem has been documented to be hip hop crazy and Tarintino endlessly uses pop culture in his films.

Whoever you are and however you see these two artist there no substitue but to say that the are talented however the send this through.
Sun 29/07/01 at 13:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ö= ResŒvilfan =Ö wrote:
what happened to his trial
> anyways, is he going to jail?

No, he's gievn a 2 year suspended sentence. So if he commits another crime in the next 2 years then he goes to jail for 2 years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.