GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donkey Kong Country: King Kong ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Kong Country'.
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:32
"Majestic"
Ok, I made that title up... But my question is:

I heard a rumour that cube would get a Donkey Kong game (not Donkey Konga) , like Donkey Kong Country. Obviously this one wouldn't be made by Rare, but is this true? Cheers!
Sun 04/04/04 at 22:38
"Majestic"
Apparently, there is going to be a sequal for Donkey Konga, called Donkey Konga Disc 2 !!
I think it will feature more songs, and things.

But that aside, i would still like to see a proper DK game because at the end of the day he is a loveable Ape.
Sun 04/04/04 at 22:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
They own Rambo, he is in Donkey Konga.
Sun 04/04/04 at 21:27
Regular
The DOnkey Kong Country series was great but DK64 was a lazy paint-over of Banjo Kazooie, and all the elements that worked in Banjo were just cheesy when DK'd, not to mention that the re-recorded Banjo music didn't fit either.

Dk Racing looked fantastic.
Rare could STILL make it for the Xbox, just without Donkey Kong and Co.
I wonder if Nintendo own Rambo, Expresso and the other Animal characters of Donkey Kong Country?
Sun 04/04/04 at 21:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Oh well...
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:34
Regular
Nintendo own the entire DK franchise...

Rare own the rights to the character designs of Lanky, Tiny etc... not the characters themselves because they are connected to the franchise...

There was a lot of umming and ahhing over Conker and Banjo considering they were Diddy Kong Racing characters.

That is what Chris Seavor was telling me anyway...

In other words the likeness of Lanky, Tiny, Chunky CAN be used but not THEM personally..

Nintendo fully own Rare created characters Diddy, Kranky and Dixie.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:31
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Ashman wrote:
> Also, I might add that if Nintendo do make a Donkey Kong game, it
> will not feature Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, or any other recognisable
> characters that featured in the great Donkey Kong 64. RARE still
> hold the rights to these few Donkey Kong related characters.

who cares?....Lanky, Tiny and Chunky were awful anyway, they were rip-offs of Manky Kong, Dixie Kong and Kiddie Kong....who were much better anyway.(why couldn't Rare have just used those characters in DK64?)
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It was?

*dies*

Oh, and when you say Mickey's Adventure Racing do you actually mean the exceedingly average Mickey's Speedway that RARE released towards the end of the N64's lifespan?

Also, I might add that if Nintendo do make a Donkey Kong game, it will not feature Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, or any other recognisable characters that featured in the great Donkey Kong 64. RARE still hold the rights to these few Donkey Kong related characters, allthough I highly doubt they will use them. That is perhaps why DK Racing was dropped, and why none of these characters feature in Donkey Konga.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:10
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Yeah, Donkey Kong Racing looked excellent, the perfect sequal to Diddy
> Kong Racing for the N64, which really was a classic game.

Well then you were to be dissapointed as the sequel to Diddy Kong Racing was Mickey Mouse Adventure Racing and Donkey Kong Racing was in fact a game about raising your animal to be the perfect racer.

I'm not stupid I didn't say Rare would be making the game, I said Nintendo would in house.

Rare haven't made a good DK game in a VERY long time.
Sun 04/04/04 at 15:20
"Majestic"
Yeah, it did
Sun 04/04/04 at 13:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yeah, Donkey Kong Racing looked excellent, the perfect sequal to Diddy Kong Racing for the N64, which really was a classic game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.